Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 09:34 AM

245 posts, read 1,171,187 times

Advertisements

What's better Metro Pcs or Boost Mobile?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2009, 08:48 AM

1 posts, read 104,587 times
Boost Mobile has national coverage as it uses Sprint's network. Metro PCS has a tough time saying that. Metro PCS has partnered with other cell companies to give service in a few more metropolitan areas but the coverage is spotty and unless you are an urbanite and do not plan on leaving your city it is not a good deal. Boost has a much better network, Sprint's, and can be used nationwide. The price plans are similar. Metro does have slightly better phones (but Boost has the cheapest) but since they both don't really have many data features, who cares? I mean in the end, its not the Blackberry or Iphone. I'ts good for calling and texting and thats it. Boost has the walkie talkie feature, a MUCH larger network, cheaper phones (right now) and better service (i.e. few to no dropped calls). Metro PCS has many dropped calls, a sparse network, a few more phones than Boost, and a not very convienient way to pay. I'm glad Boost switched form the "Where you at?" model as they were only targeting a certain type of consumer. Now they are going after anyone who wants to save money in a downward economy....Good job Boost!

Old 11-15-2009, 05:21 PM

1 posts, read 98,667 times
I have Boost. I have pulled at least 3 other Cell Carriers over to Boost. I love my Boost phone. I am waiting for some better phones, but what the heck, I very rarely drop a call, I use the walkie feature, and I have friends that will be coming over to my side soon. So, yes Boost is best. No question. I was with ATT since they changed from Cingular, and left them for Boost. It's cheaper, and the Service is the same as far as I am concerned, with a few more Perks beside...!

Old 11-18-2009, 09:21 AM

1,086 posts, read 3,359,385 times
In reality both phone companies are at the bottom, mostly used by drug dealers so they can purchase multiple lines without a contract.

Old 11-19-2009, 08:02 PM

2,517 posts, read 11,048,150 times
Can't speak from personal experience, but my wife has Metro PCS. OVERALL..it's reliable, but once in a while (about once every couple of months) there are some days when she text messages me and I don't get the text until 6 hours later.

When Metro PCS first started, they were horrible. Kind of like Hyundai back in the days. Now they have blossomed into a mainstream wireless provider. Now look at Hyundai today :

NetCarShow.com

Old 11-24-2009, 05:38 PM

5 posts, read 105,966 times
I don't know about Boost Mobile, but I have MetroPcs and can't complain.

I was with Sprint before and got tired of the daytime minutes. My cell phone bill was always higher than expected.

I'm glad I made the switch. I get the same service for cheaper. Plus I get to talk anytime without worrying about using up minutes

Old 11-26-2009, 10:25 AM

305 posts, read 805,297 times
Boost is way better plus you can unlock certain Sprint Blackberrys over to use BoostMobile like the 8350i.

Metro is kinda ghetto to me, I prefer boost.

Old 11-27-2009, 07:38 PM

245 posts, read 1,171,187 times
next year i will get a STRAIGHT TALK PHONE, much better than all of them

Old 01-21-2010, 08:52 PM

3 posts, read 99,341 times
Default Boost vs Metro?

Hello,

I'm having the same problem, no clear answer although it sounds like boost is connected to Sprint, but so far it looks like they both suck compared to my ATT-I'm just tired of paying 80 bucks a month with ATT but I'm afraid the headaches with Boost/MetroPCS just aren't worth it-I travel a lot and can't afford to not have service internationally...I'm still a fan of "you get what you pay for" so it looks like I'm still stuck with ATT 'til I can find anyone else with their coverage.

Another company I'm checking out is "Simple Mobile", but I'm afraid that it's just another Boost/Metro knock off.

If you plan on staying predominantly in Florida, it seems everyone I know is using MetroPCS-but I also think the masses are asses so take it with a very large grain of salt.

Let me know if you find any headway as I'm still not sure what my best option is...

Cheers!

Mark

Old 01-22-2010, 10:12 AM

28 posts, read 165,952 times
It really all depends on your preference and requirements. As the other members said if you travel a lot, go with BOOST because it will give you that convenience. Having said said, I have been using MetroPCS service for over a year now, and I have NO problems what so ever with the phone or their service or paying my bill. I had ATT with dismal service and overpriced restricted minutes with additional cost for text messaging!! I really don't care to have the best and the baddest smartphone that drops calls every other block with 10000 apps to download and browse the web. Neither do I have the need to have a "name brand" service provider. I do however have the need to pay not more than $60 for all you can text/calls which fits my budget just fine. I just needed a simple phone with reliable service, and MEtroPCS fits those requirements, Go ahead and give both of them a try, see what you think, I mean they are prepay so you are not chained with your contract anyway. Again it all boils down to what you want. Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area