Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2020, 12:09 PM

5,520 posts, read 7,115,390 times

Advertisements

Hello, thinking of buying a condo in Florida to use for vacations and eventually retire to or snowbird.
I want to be somewhat close to the Fort Lauderdale area and found a unit I like in Lighthouse Point on NE 42nd Ct.

It seems like a nice area from what I remember when visiting years ago, but I know places can change and I was hoping that this would be one of those places that stayed nice. Would like to be within walking/biking distance to the beach.

Have family in Stuart and Vero so would not want to be too far south, so I can make day trips.

Can you tell me your opinion of the area as far as safety, and crime? Schools aren't a big concern for me, but I would be more into outdoor activities, parks, beaches restaurants, shopping etc.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2020, 01:52 PM

4,346 posts, read 7,834,659 times
Lighthouse Point has always been and still is very nice.

Old 01-04-2020, 07:41 AM

17,326 posts, read 22,073,418 times
LHP is fine, across Federal Hwy is a not so great area called Pompano Beach. Just remember you share your stores, gas stations, etc with the fine residents of Pompano when you live on the east side.

Walking to the beach from LHP is going to be a loonnngggg walk. Hillsboro to the North and 14th st to the south are your only two bridges to the beach.

I think the market is at an all time high, I'd rent for a few years and let the market level out.

Old 01-04-2020, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
LHP is fine, across Federal Hwy is a not so great area called Pompano Beach. Just remember you share your stores, gas stations, etc with the fine residents of Pompano when you live on the east side.

Walking to the beach from LHP is going to be a loonnngggg walk. Hillsboro to the North and 14th st to the south are your only two bridges to the beach.

I think the market is at an all time high, I'd rent for a few years and let the market level out.
Thank you for the info, and for the good advice!

Old 01-25-2020, 08:30 AM

4,346 posts, read 7,834,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudia Scala View Post
Happy Saturday. I can do a few city map search with your budget and email it to you. Then you chose from the list and we go take a look in person or I can call and get some feedback for you. Always best to research and talk to the sellers/realtors instead of listening to opinions from others. my email is claudiamiamirio@hotmail.com
Good to know. Send me everything. I will send you mine.

Old 01-26-2020, 06:28 PM

236 posts, read 389,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYTom View Post
Hello, thinking of buying a condo in Florida to use for vacations and eventually retire to or snowbird.
I want to be somewhat close to the Fort Lauderdale area and found a unit I like in Lighthouse Point on NE 42nd Ct.

It seems like a nice area from what I remember when visiting years ago, but I know places can change and I was hoping that this would be one of those places that stayed nice. Would like to be within walking/biking distance to the beach.

Have family in Stuart and Vero so would not want to be too far south, so I can make day trips.

Can you tell me your opinion of the area as far as safety, and crime? Schools aren't a big concern for me, but I would be more into outdoor activities, parks, beaches restaurants, shopping etc.

Thanks
Broward has become incredibly congested. If it's been many years since you visited, you might prefer Stuart or Northern Palm Beach County.

Old 01-27-2020, 01:52 PM

5,024 posts, read 7,456,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manny118 View Post
Broward has become incredibly congested. If it's been many years since you visited, you might prefer Stuart or Northern Palm Beach County.
Good point/post

Old 07-20-2020, 07:39 AM

Any nice waterfront condos I should be looking at in LHP? Would like nice canal or inter coastal views from my unit.

Budget is 300-350K

Thanks

Old 07-31-2020, 12:30 PM

1,642 posts, read 1,647,120 times
Lighthouse Point is one of the best municipalities in Broward county if not the best. Personally, I love it.
Depending on your budget you can find a nice 1-1 condo starting in the high $80'sK to the $130'sK and a 2-2 starting in the lows $120's K up to $220'sK for those non waterfront properties.
If you are interested in a condo with a view to a canal or Intercoastal, the budget goes up in the $290'sK to the $360'sK, like the ones in the building Palm-Aire at Coral Key. This numbers are as per July-Aug 2020. They may vary according to the local market condition, which is normally stable in the high demanded residential enclave and boaters' paradise that is Lighthouse Point.
As a buyer get yourself armed with an excellent, top notch, proficient, seasoned, cutting-edges, and full-time Real Estate agent.

Old 07-31-2020, 12:31 PM

1,642 posts, read 1,647,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manny118 View Post
I do agree too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area