Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2022, 07:32 PM

3,233 posts, read 3,186,050 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrekid View Post
What school in cooper city is objectively better if I may ask?

Also what traffic are speaking of? Going south? East? West along alligator alley? 2 of those directions have dedicated express lanes, and the other ....is well alligator alley. So I'm curious which traffic you are referring too?
I’d like to know about this Cooper City versus Weston traffic comparison too. Although no longer a resident, I still stay in Weston when I see my clients in South Florida. Close to I-75, I-595, Sawgrass Expressway and Turnpike. I can’t give the edge to Cooper City exactly.

As for schools, I don’t know if US News and World Report is considered an objective evaluator, but if it is, it ranks Cypress Bay HS as #4 in the county, and Cooper City #13. Cypress Bay was rated #36 in the state, and Cooper City is #98.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2022, 09:24 AM

14,928 posts, read 12,126,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballsofsteel View Post
Don’t get me wrong I love Weston just as much as the next person, but cmon the construction of Arvida (the ones who developed Weston) is really shoddy and cookie cutter, the construction is poor and they cut corners to save money and maximize profits. A good example is the townhouses, they all are made the same in every neighborhood and they are no where near the best in broward for what they’re asking, if you look at Pembroke Pines you can find wayyyy nicer tomehomes and construction quality and more spacious for less money. Weston is pretty vanilla and the construction models can be way better. Anybody else feel the same?
We checked out the Arvida-built communities around 1982 in south Miami-Dade county, specifically the Country Walk development. We were totally underwhelmed by the poor construction and cookie cutter nature of the houses they built, so we moved on. The destruction of those houses in Hurricane Andrew in 1992 revealed the shortcuts taken and the overall shoddy construction, but we weren't surprised at that, considering what we had seen.

I'd never consider Weston a desirable area in which to live. Much too crowded for me. Of course, so is Pembroke Pines in my opinion.

Old 05-10-2022, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterRice View Post
Well I actually am because that entire post was sarcasm, which clearly flew right over your head. And someone boasting about where THEY live being the best place ever, color me shocked.
Well, you can look at it this way. The fact that someone boasts about where they live as the "best place ever" means that they're happy there and the location/amenities check all their boxes for happy living and quality of life, and that is a good thing. IMO, people ought to be happy where they are living and be able to boast about it being the best place ever- for them.

Doesn't mean the same place would be the best place ever for everyone, different strokes as the saying goes. Weston is an example, it's perfect for some, but the population density and HOA rules would drive me up a wall.

Old 05-10-2022, 10:45 AM

278 posts, read 316,580 times
Quote:
Well I actually am because that entire post was sarcasm, which clearly flew right over your head. And someone boasting about where THEY live being the best place ever, color me shocked.
For someone adept at sarcasm, clearly your radar is off with regard to the quoted response

Old 05-12-2022, 02:58 PM

835 posts, read 474,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
Well, you can look at it this way. The fact that someone boasts about where they live as the "best place ever" means that they're happy there and the location/amenities check all their boxes for happy living and quality of life, and that is a good thing. IMO, people ought to be happy where they are living and be able to boast about it being the best place ever- for them.

Doesn't mean the same place would be the best place ever for everyone, different strokes as the saying goes. Weston is an example, it's perfect for some, but the population density and HOA rules would drive me up a wall.
You clearly haven’t been on this subforum long — posters love to state their opinion as fact and even one poster went as far as to say his opinion was fact and applies to everyone in the universe.

That’s why I made my first post. Anyone who says anything negative about Weston is ripped to shreds by the Weston-Resident-Cult and I’m here to change that. There ARE plenty of disadvantages to living ANYWHERE, including Weston. Anyone who tells you that there are no disadvantages to living anywhere either has their hand deep in your wallet, a gun to your head, an agenda, or is just plain stupid, and devoid of common sense.

Also, best schools in the state of Florida? Don’t make me laugh, Florida in general is known for it’s (again, in general) lousy public education system. May as well say “shiniest of all the turds”….Florida May have many great reasons to move to it but at #27 in the nation for public education, the school system isn’t one of them. In fact, Broward County Public Schools is reporting record losses of students, if you pay attention to current affairs…

Last edited by StarryKnight1; 05-12-2022 at 03:13 PM..

Old 05-12-2022, 03:35 PM

Quote:
You clearly haven’t been on this subforum long — posters love to state their opinion as fact and even one poster went as far as to say his opinion was fact and applies to everyone in the universe.

That’s why I made my first post. Anyone who says anything negative about Weston is ripped to shreds by the Weston-Resident-Cult and I’m here to change that. There ARE plenty of disadvantages to living ANYWHERE, including Weston. Anyone who tells you that there are no disadvantages to living anywhere either has their hand deep in your wallet, a gun to your head, an agenda, or is just plain stupid, and devoid of common sense.

Also, best schools in the state of Florida? Don’t make me laugh, Florida in general is known for it’s (again, in general) lousy public education system. May as well say “shiniest of all the turds”….Florida May have many great reasons to move to it but at #27 in the nation for public education, the school system isn’t one of them. In fact, Broward County Public Schools is reporting record losses of students, if you pay attention to current affairs…
LOL, speaking of stating one's opinions as fact. Pot, meet kettle.

That's ok, I'm not here to take over your spot as king of the Weston sandbox, or whatever it is. I just find petty bickering over where is the best place to live amusing, and just wanted to point out that if one is happy in his location, then it's the best place
for him.

I'm done.

Old 05-12-2022, 03:54 PM

278 posts, read 316,580 times
Quote:

This might be the most bitter post I've ever read on this sub forum. Did you actually just say you are here to right a ship... A ship that is people celebrating a place they enjoy living in?

I think you might need a break from these boards my friend.

Old 05-15-2022, 12:34 AM

5 posts, read 5,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
location location location...........

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/8...46846715_zpid/
10K sq ft, built in 1936. 79mm, $7967 a square foot

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/3...02984486_zpid/
4700 sq ft, built in 2008......8.5mm/$1797 a square foot

Both have identical views.........houses are across the water from each other!

Location for what lol it’s as far west as you can get .

Old 05-18-2022, 08:59 AM

17,280 posts, read 21,998,333 times
Quote:
Mr Rice,

US public schools have lost 1.2mm students nationwide during Covid, kids/parents frustrated and simply pull out.........so it isn't just a Broward problem but rather a national problem.

https://www.boston.com/news/national...p_featurestack

Also on the quality of schools, keep in mind Broward has highlights such as Weston and when averaged with the lower income areas the schools get worse on a countywide average. Kids in Weston and kids in Lauderhill might only live 20 miles apart and be the same age but no doubt they are heading in different directions with their lives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area