Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2008, 11:26 AM

22 posts, read 72,101 times

Advertisements

At Sawgrass Mills, a motorcyclist zooms by and snatches women's purses, but he's gone so fast, the security cameras can't get a good look at him. I read that it's happened 7 or 8 times so far..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2008, 11:32 AM

8,377 posts, read 30,901,381 times
Euro style! If I had to pick a way to get robbed, I would take that over armed robbery, that's for sure. Of course, I would rather not get robbed.

Oh yeah, the other problem is I don't wear a purse, I'm a dude...

Last edited by compelled to reply; 08-22-2008 at 12:09 PM..

Old 08-22-2008, 11:58 AM

22 posts, read 72,101 times
True, but still.. Can't understand why people rob in the first place. Couldn't bring myself to do it. Couldn't bring myself to get addicted to drugs, and not want to work for my own money, either.

Old 08-22-2008, 12:18 PM

6,993 posts, read 17,364,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrspowers View Post
True, but still.. Can't understand why people rob in the first place. Couldn't bring myself to do it. Couldn't bring myself to get addicted to drugs, and not want to work for my own money, either.
not all people who rob are strung out on drugs. Some of them can't find jobs that will support their family. As a result they turn to stick ups.

Old 08-22-2008, 12:19 PM

Sometimes it is teenagers looking for a cheap thrill/money too.

Burglaries on the other hand, usually either teenagers or drug addicts. Professional burglars become less and less common every day because honestly, there is no money in it anymore unless you meticulously plan it.

Old 08-22-2008, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by compelled to reply View Post
Sometimes it is teenagers looking for a cheap thrill/money too.

Burglaries on the other hand, usually either teenagers or drug addicts. Professional burglars become less and less common every day because honestly, there is no money in it anymore unless you meticulously plan it.
that or do home invasions on the wealthy. There was a Irish crew in NYC that used to hit people out on the Island.

Old 08-22-2008, 12:24 PM

Home invasions on drug dealers too, BIG one back in the 80s down here, not so big and very dangerous now.

Old 08-22-2008, 01:27 PM

11,642 posts, read 23,907,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Style View Post
My wife is not allowed to go out at night with out me or one of my brothers.
Is this a joke? I can't imagine any man telling me what I am "allowed" to do.

Old 08-22-2008, 04:36 PM

23 posts, read 93,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compelled to reply View Post
In Florida? I believe you and of course I have to do way more research before I just apply. I'm just saying that in most societies where citizens are armed, violent crime rates are actually lower because what kind of idiot would pull something off like that?
I just took a CCW course last weekend for this type of scenario. You can't actually help anyone (with your gun) that isn't with you and in your home/car/place of business. You can with non-lethal weaponry (pepper spray, etc) though. When I get the cash I'm going to purchase myself a handgun and learn to use it properly. I can't say I didn't consider it before, but since moving here last month I decided to speed up the process.

Old 08-22-2008, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma_bear View Post
Is this a joke? I can't imagine any man telling me what I am "allowed" to do.
what you do or don't do means absolutly nothing to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyore13 View Post
I just took a CCW course last weekend for this type of scenario. You can't actually help anyone (with your gun) that isn't with you and in your home/car/place of business. You can with non-lethal weaponry (pepper spray, etc) though. When I get the cash I'm going to purchase myself a handgun and learn to use it properly. I can't say I didn't consider it before, but since moving here last month I decided to speed up the process.
I hear markham park has a nice shooting range.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area