U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2008, 07:13 AM

2 posts, read 6,069 times

Advertisements

I am considering a job opportunity in South Florida, but despite all of the comprehensive information here - I am still unsure as to where the best possible area is to actually live. I currently live in Center City Philadelphia, and am ready for a break from the city life up North. I am looking forward to sunshine and foliage, however I am stumped as to where to begin the apartment search.

My boyfriend lives in Boca Raton presently. I don't particularly want to stay in that area. He moved there a year ago, so while he is familiar with the area to some extent, he really doesn't know much about the neighborhoods/towns beyond where he is at. (I know what a great help!)
Thank you in advance for any suggestions you may be able to offer me!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2008, 07:19 AM

2,143 posts, read 7,729,077 times
Where will you be working? That will help, because commuting and gas factor into a decision.

Old 06-07-2008, 11:24 AM

7 posts, read 17,137 times
Default Roommate service

Hi - - I'm also considering moving up to Boca Raton from Key West - - OMG the people here all want to look like Ernest Hemingway and are just drunk all the time.

Anyway, I'm interested in a roommate situation in Boca Raton. Does anyone know of a service to match people together?

Old 06-08-2008, 08:05 AM

137 posts, read 404,221 times
go check out craigslist for roommates. there is a decent listing for that.

Old 06-09-2008, 01:27 PM

2 posts, read 6,069 times
Thank you all for your replies.
I am not sure where the office location will be yet, but either Coral Springs area or Fort Lauderdale.

I am looking for a nice apartment in a nice neighborhood with decent grocery stores or shopping nearby, but also reasonably close to the beach.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Old 06-09-2008, 03:06 PM

36 posts, read 215,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawgirl25 View Post
I am considering a job opportunity in South Florida, but despite all of the comprehensive information here - I am still unsure as to where the best possible area is to actually live. I currently live in Center City Philadelphia, and am ready for a break from the city life up North. I am looking forward to sunshine and foliage, however I am stumped as to where to begin the apartment search.

My boyfriend lives in Boca Raton presently. I don't particularly want to stay in that area. He moved there a year ago, so while he is familiar with the area to some extent, he really doesn't know much about the neighborhoods/towns beyond where he is at. (I know what a great help!)
Try Pembroke Pines.Easy access to Miami-Ft Lauderdale great place to live,low crime .I loved it in that area very comfortable place to live.

Old 06-09-2008, 03:28 PM

8,377 posts, read 29,818,229 times
I disagree with Pembroke Pines. The access isn't the problem, it's just that you can do better location wise a lot closer to the ares where the OP will be working. If she takes the job in Coral Springs, her best bet is to live right in Coral Springs, which is the 17th safest city in the US and about 20 minutes from the beach. If she is working in Ft. Lauderdale, that is going to vary on price range but there are some nice high rise options downtown, or if it's suburbia she wants, Plantation or Davie.

Old 06-09-2008, 09:51 PM

14 posts, read 30,369 times
Default I believe out west

Move West, I did from New York and I love it! Good luck on where ever you go! Florida is a great place to be. Paradise for most! I think they say 90% of people in other area of the nation dream to be here! So where ever you choice your making the right decision

Rich Scott
Mod deleted

Last edited by sunrico90; 06-13-2008 at 04:16 PM.. Reason: Link not allowed

Old 06-10-2008, 04:20 PM

12 posts, read 30,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawgirl25 View Post

I grew up here and am a realtor. I can tell you everything

Old 06-10-2008, 04:25 PM

12 posts, read 30,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pammywhammy View Post
I grew up here and am a realtor. I can tell you everything
My partner is from Phily. We love Ft. Lauderdale. Boca is pretty, but too plastic with gold chains. I am new to Craigs. I guess you can find me. Thanks, Pammywhammy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area