Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2008, 12:19 PM

21 posts, read 65,339 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone. I used to come down to FtL a few times a year every year but haven't been in the last few years. I know I used to see LOTS of condos under 50k when I was there. Was wondering if anyone knows of any in a 'safe' neighborhood in this price range, at least 1 bedroom, 1 bath. This would be just a place for a get-a-away every now & then and a 55+ HOA would be fine. I've looked on realtor.com and trulia but so many of those listings want you to register and pay for their site to see where they are. I'd be a cash buyer, so something in the 20's - 30's would be even better. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2008, 12:32 PM

10,599 posts, read 17,886,038 times
No, you don't pay. You just register your email address. There are no pay realtors down there especially for website info.

Lime Bay in Tamarac is one 55+ that seems to have held it's appearance up. And yes they start in the 30's. It's in a nice area. Suburb of FLL. West of University northern towards McNab.

Old 07-24-2008, 01:43 PM

5 posts, read 19,821 times
Default Sunrise Lakes in Sunrise

Hi -- my mom bought her 1/1.5 condo for $37K furnished -- the prices went up for a few years, but you can find them under 50K again. this is a pretty big complex with lots of pools, hottubs, etc., and pretty active social activities available. some of these buildings were damaged a few years ago, but the building repairs have been completed. however, some owners took the insurance money and are selling the apartments in "as-is" condition, so some of them will need new flooring, etc. hope this helps -- email me if you want mre info @ [EMAIL="ilovelilac@aol.com"]ilovelilac@aol.com[/EMAIL]-- good luck!

Old 07-24-2008, 02:56 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,391,510 times
I know in Port St. Lucie some of the older condos along US-1 near where they're building the City Center are back down to around 50k after going up to a breakneck price of 160k+ --- in Ft. Lauderdale in a "safe" area though.... not so sure about THAT!

Old 07-25-2008, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
I know in Port St. Lucie some of the older condos along US-1 near where they're building the City Center are back down to around 50k after going up to a breakneck price of 160k+ --- in Ft. Lauderdale in a "safe" area though.... not so sure about THAT!
LOL isn't that sorta like saying "I don't know about Flamingo Park it's up there in WPB near Dunbar Village and all of WPB is riddled with crime" ?

BTW I love Flamingo Park area and my son lives in Grandview....HOWEVER, just this past month or so someone posted about their house being burglarized when taking a simple walk to the dog park..........

Old 07-25-2008, 08:18 AM

11,642 posts, read 23,897,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanAntonio Steve View Post
Hey everyone. I used to come down to FtL a few times a year every year but haven't been in the last few years. I know I used to see LOTS of condos under 50k when I was there. Was wondering if anyone knows of any in a 'safe' neighborhood in this price range, at least 1 bedroom, 1 bath. This would be just a place for a get-a-away every now & then and a 55+ HOA would be fine. I've looked on realtor.com and trulia but so many of those listings want you to register and pay for their site to see where they are. I'd be a cash buyer, so something in the 20's - 30's would be even better. Thanks.
Use realtor.com. You don't have to pay to use that site. No realtors in FL make you pay.

You can find condos in Broward in that price range. I took a quick look and I saw a mix of neighborhoods, not all of them bad. Mostly the buildings looked to be older, but not in bad neighborhoods, especially the 55 and over communities. As long as you are NOT trying to be right near the beach you should be able to find something.

Last edited by Momma_bear; 07-25-2008 at 09:14 AM.. Reason: I'M A BAD TYPIST

Old 07-25-2008, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma_bear View Post
Use realtor.com. You don't have to pay to use that site. No realtors in FL make you pay.

You can find condos in Broward in that price range. I took a quick look and I saw a mix of neighborhoods, not all of them bad. Mostly the buildings looked to be older, but not in bad neighborhoods, especially the 55 and over communities. As long as you are trying to be right near the beach you should be able to find something.
I don't think any of the condos for that range are right near the beach. I believe they would be mostly in Tamarac or Sunrise. If I missed some kind of beach bargain can you please direct message me so I can go see them? Thanks

Or are you saying near the beach as in Broward versus central florida? LOL.

Old 07-25-2008, 08:27 AM

Also, OP, there are several Century Village and the like all over in Southern Fl...WPB, Coconut Creek etc.

Old 07-25-2008, 09:14 AM

11,642 posts, read 23,897,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by runswithscissors View Post
I don't think any of the condos for that range are right near the beach. I believe they would be mostly in Tamarac or Sunrise. If I missed some kind of beach bargain can you please direct message me so I can go see them? Thanks

Or are you saying near the beach as in Broward versus central florida? LOL.
I'm just a poor typist. I meant to write "as long as you are NOT trying to be near the beach you should be able to find something." I meant in Broward. Nothing by the beach at that price. But plenty in Sunrise, Tamarac, and other Western areas.

Old 07-25-2008, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma_bear View Post
I'm just a poor typist. I meant to write "as long as you are NOT trying to be near the beach you should be able to find something." I meant in Broward. Nothing by the beach at that price. But plenty in Sunrise, Tamarac, and other Western areas.
Damn! ........oh well, thanks for the hope anyway....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area