U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: was BSO in the wrong?
NO, they did what they had to do 19 100.00%
YES, they didnt have to do what they did 0 0%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2008, 03:08 PM

119 posts, read 94,537 times

Advertisements

BSO: 17-year-old shot, killed after he hits deputies with baseball bat -- OrlandoSentinel.com

i say NO. the police went to his house, bright yellow letters on their shirt saying "sheriff's dept" on it. Fontanez or whatever his name was said he thought the cops were robbers. i dont buy it one bit! oh, and by thw way, he also tried to grab one of the cops' gun they said in the article. this guy has been involved in an armed robbery and assault before. the two cops hit in the head with baseball bats, i hope they are ok.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2008, 03:11 PM

8,376 posts, read 28,857,126 times
Absolutely not, unless I am missing part of the story.

Old 08-11-2008, 03:21 PM

6,993 posts, read 16,116,284 times
hmmm,

I don't know. This is a tough one. I mean, did the kid think they were robbers? If he did then I understand why he did what he did. The cops were blinded/stunned so they may not have identified themselves early on. Its really hard to say what is true and what isn't true. IF it were true he came at them with the bat knowing full well who they were then yeah, that kid had to go. If on the other hand the cops didn't identify themselves and the kid thought it was a robber then thats a different story.

Old 08-11-2008, 03:22 PM

10,599 posts, read 15,766,868 times
Of course not.

" The teen's father and friends said the young man who dreamed of becoming a police office"......yeah right, lawyer spin.

The way Philly got cleaned up a few decades ago was with strong arm tactics from our police under Mayor Rizzo. Same thing with Guiliani in NYC. Enough already with the punk gansta drama.

I don't believe that Broward used strong arm tactics at all. This kid didn't need to come bursting out like that even if he DID think they were intruders. But even if they did, it's a good warning to all the other criminals with warrants out. It might be a war but it'll be short lived if enough police are funded.

In the wrong? Whattya expect the police to do, send the criminals a nice pink and white engraved invitation, "We warmly welcome you to attend our warrant service this Friday at 9 am. Casual attire will be fine".

Old 08-11-2008, 03:28 PM

10,599 posts, read 15,766,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Style View Post
hmmm,

I don't know. This is a tough one. I mean, did the kid think they were robbers? If he did then I understand why he did what he did. The cops were blinded/stunned so they may not have identified themselves early on. Its really hard to say what is true and what isn't true. IF it were true he came at them with the bat knowing full well who they were then yeah, that kid had to go. If on the other hand the cops didn't identify themselves and the kid thought it was a robber then thats a different story.
Repeat of last time, yo.

"Fontanez tried to flee through a back door and struck two deputies with a baseball bat when they tried to handcuff him, Leljedal said."

"Deputies had tried to arrest Fontanez in June at the house, but he fled out the back door, again after his mother refused to let officers in, Lamberti said."

Too much THC in this kid's dope.

The only way I'll stick up for him is if the landlord he assaulted is the same one who ripped me off for 2400.00 in HOllywood. That guy's obnoxious enough to make anybody that mad.

Old 08-11-2008, 03:46 PM

6,993 posts, read 16,116,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by runswithscissors View Post
Repeat of last time, yo.

"Fontanez tried to flee through a back door and struck two deputies with a baseball bat when they tried to handcuff him, Leljedal said."

"Deputies had tried to arrest Fontanez in June at the house, but he fled out the back door, again after his mother refused to let officers in, Lamberti said."

Too much THC in this kid's dope.

The only way I'll stick up for him is if the landlord he assaulted is the same one who ripped me off for 2400.00 in HOllywood. That guy's obnoxious enough to make anybody that mad.
Yeah I re read the article. Sounds like he may have known it was the police. I find their THC inclusion to be utter bullcrap though. THC is not a pain killer, thats the stuff found in weed. Unless he was high on coke or something, that teaser would have had him hoping around like a fish. Not that I know what coke does to the body or anything.

Old 08-11-2008, 03:47 PM

20,013 posts, read 60,368,217 times
Somebody comes after me with a metal baseball bat and then tries to take my gun? Three guesses what I would do.

Old 08-11-2008, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Style View Post
Not that I know what coke does to the body or anything.
You mean Coca-Cola, right ?

Old 08-11-2008, 04:15 PM

119 posts, read 94,537 times
those poor cops, mike and sammy. getting hit in the head with a bat? thank god they are ok.

i feel bad for fontanez' family tho.

Last edited by like2fish; 08-11-2008 at 04:33 PM..

Old 08-11-2008, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by like2fish View Post
send fontanez to prison, he's a punk and a criminal.
I think you have been watching too many America's Most Wanted episodes. He's already dead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
View detailed profiles of: