Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 11:47 AM

995 posts, read 3,930,036 times

Advertisements

tankev,

Congrats on closing your house. Also, it's good for you to find out your kid's preference early in this game.

Are you considering short sales? If so, make sure your realtor has lots of experience with them.

I have very limited information on short sales. But I heard that it can take 6 months to get a response. So I told my realtor to rule out all the short sales. Another tricky thing about many short sales is that only the agents know whether it's a short sale or not. I gave a list of 10 listings to my agent, who later found 6 of them were short sales. They only reveal this information in the "agent-remarks", which we don't have access to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2008, 02:12 PM

188 posts, read 587,901 times
I think almost every house we have looked at is a short sale. My realtor has been asking the listing agent where in the process the paperwork is. We are only looking at houses on canal's or lakes and a with a pool. I would add a pool but the houses are too close together to get trucks in! Trying to buy a home in an area that needs buyers has been very tough.
I don't know why banks are making it so hard. Thanks again.

Old 11-11-2008, 09:25 PM

55 posts, read 302,228 times
Does anyone have any thoughts/comments about Westwind Cove?

Old 02-27-2009, 03:05 PM

1 posts, read 2,324 times
Hello I am Mexican and am gliding to travel to weston for November of this year but I have several questions that i need to helping me to answer:
1. That airport stays more nearby?
2. That costs the transport of the airport to weston?
3. That so expensive is the life there?
4. There are shops to do purchases?
5. Do I go for thank's giving day, that so barters are the offers in the shops?
6. Does this one recommend place to do tourism?

Old 02-27-2009, 03:49 PM

2,113 posts, read 5,076,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macario View Post
Hello I am Mexican and am gliding to travel to weston for November of this year but I have several questions that i need to helping me to answer:
1. That airport stays more nearby?
2. That costs the transport of the airport to weston?
3. That so expensive is the life there?
4. There are shops to do purchases?
5. Do I go for thank's giving day, that so barters are the offers in the shops?
6. Does this one recommend place to do tourism?
I just returned from Mexico City and I learned that Weston is considered a very upscale spot in South Florida within Mexican high society ...

1) Ft.Lauderdale / Hollywood International Airport is 20 minutes away and
has flights to and from Mexico on Aero Mexico .
2) $ 40.00 - 45.00 from Ft.Lauderdale Interntional to Weston
3) Yes , Weston is considered expensive by most people and is the main
complaint that I still hear from people that live there , although home
prices have come down recently .
4) Yes ... there is pretty good shopping in Weston and you have Sawgrass Mills and Pembroke Gardens both close by .

5) Not sure what you are asking amigo ?

6) Many tourists stay in Weston when visiting South Florida , but Weston itself is a small city and is not a tourist destination .

Rock

Old 12-08-2010, 01:21 PM

76 posts, read 241,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma_bear View Post
I don't think there are any subdivisions you need to stay away from. I think that it would help if we knew how much money you wanted to spend. All the middle and high schools in FL are pretty bad so there shouldn't be much difference between Tequesta and Falcon.
Since I am now researching schools in that area this comment made me think - currently, Falcone Cove ranks 14th amongst middle schools in Florida, and has "9" rating on grateschools and an "A" rating on some other government website I came across. I spoke to one of the staff in the school and was told that both Falcone and Tequesta are considered to be really good middle schools, and magnet high schools usually recruit students from there. Is there something that I am not considering and you might know?

Old 12-08-2010, 02:22 PM

995 posts, read 3,930,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyes_green View Post
Since I am now researching schools in that area this comment made me think - currently, Falcone Cove ranks 14th amongst middle schools in Florida, and has "9" rating on grateschools and an "A" rating on some other government website I came across. I spoke to one of the staff in the school and was told that both Falcone and Tequesta are considered to be really good middle schools, and magnet high schools usually recruit students from there. Is there something that I am not considering and you might know?
Here's one of the differences between the two.

Half of Tequesta middle graduates will feed into to Cypress Bay High and the other half will go to Western High.

90% of Falcon graduates will feed into Cypress Bay.

If I were a middle schooler, I wouldn't want half of my peers going to a different high school.

See School Boundaries: School Boundary Maps for school zones.

Old 12-08-2010, 02:32 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,381,405 times
Where did you find the info that the middle school was ranked 14th in Florida? Id love to find out about our Middle School here...thanks..

Old 12-08-2010, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimmom32 View Post
Where did you find the info that the middle school was ranked 14th in Florida? Id love to find out about our Middle School here...thanks..
Schooldigger dot com
"Falcon Cove Middle School ranks 14th of 757 Florida public middle schools."

Old 12-08-2010, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by acegolfer View Post
Here's one of the differences between the two.

Half of Tequesta middle graduates will feed into to Cypress Bay High and the other half will go to Western High.

90% of Falcon graduates will feed into Cypress Bay.

If I were a middle schooler, I wouldn't want half of my peers going to a different high school.

See School Boundaries: School Boundary Maps for school zones.
Thanks for the info. At this time I am less concerned about high schools, as we plan to apply into magnet. If there is no difference between the two schools, then I guess it doesnt matter.. I was more concerned about the comment that ALL public schools are bad...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area