U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 08:00 AM

19 posts, read 111,185 times

Advertisements

Hello guys

what did u think about www.wiltonstation.com ?

is that a nice property to buy ? walking to the beach is 30 minutes
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2008, 09:52 AM

2,970 posts, read 12,972,243 times
I just drove by there the other day - I am not certain if this is a new construction and you do want to find out if it is or whether portions are from an older development. If this is a conversion, you want to be ever so careful. The WM area is going through a transition in a positive way. Much of the area is gay and mixed making for a diverse community with some good restaurants and many other amenities.

It is 2.5 miles to the beach. Check it out on google maps. You really need to take a look at the area as there are many other properties within WM that might be more to your liking. Go to realtor.com and enter Wilton Manors to see.

Old 08-27-2008, 07:57 PM

19 posts, read 111,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhlcomp View Post
I just drove by there the other day - I am not certain if this is a new construction and you do want to find out if it is or whether portions are from an older development. If this is a conversion, you want to be ever so careful. The WM area is going through a transition in a positive way. Much of the area is gay and mixed making for a diverse community with some good restaurants and many other amenities.

It is 2.5 miles to the beach. Check it out on google maps. You really need to take a look at the area as there are many other properties within WM that might be more to your liking. Go to realtor.com and enter Wilton Manors to see.

no no i like that condo conversation.
my question is - did they have any trouble with hoa issue ?

Old 08-28-2008, 01:00 PM

2,970 posts, read 12,972,243 times
I do not have an answer re HOA . Condo conversions are not a good idea - cannotstress this enough. Construction is not generally as good if converted from a rental building - walls are thinner and construction not a quality product.

Old 09-13-2008, 12:27 AM

11 posts, read 44,630 times
Wilton Station is NOT a conversion. I have friends that leased there for a year, then bought a house. It is beautiful inside the grounds almost resort like. I know they have had trouble selling units. In fact the builder even auctioned some off several months ago with NO reserves. Don't know what they sold for. It is a gated complex with a guard on duty.

Old 09-20-2008, 01:37 PM

19 posts, read 70,577 times
WS is a brand new development - probably completed about a year ago. I've never been to their open house, though it's suppose to be pretty nice inside & out. You should note that WS is located right next (within a stone throw) to the (freight) train track, and you may feel the trains or hear the whistles as they go by. The hurricane windows should help drown out some noise. As others mentioned, they've had trouble filling the units. So, you may be able to pick one that's facing away from the tracks? I'm not sure what you mean by "did they have any trouble with HOA issues"

BTW, you'll definitely want to drive to the beach - that will even take you a good 15 min with weekend traffic. You can walk to the supermarket across the tracks and the dry cleaners next door... but that's it.

Old 09-27-2008, 03:14 PM

11 posts, read 44,630 times
I can't comment on Cedarwood Court. I've never been there or seen it. However, I wouldn't call the immediate area around Wilton Station "upscale". My guess is that the realtors probably sell that area as "up & coming". I don't think it's gotten there quite yet.

Old 10-05-2008, 08:57 PM

90 posts, read 250,024 times
Default Wilton Station

Wilton Station is a beautiful complex & I would recommend it to anyone that enjoys this type of living. Very well constructed building development by one of Florida's very best builders, Stiles Corporation. Stiles has built over 50% of all the largest & tallest & most expensive office building projects in Florida, and are well respected for a reason. Wilton Station's condominium units are very nicely designed floor plans with excellent amenity's. WS was simply another case of overzelous investers during the real estate boom, buying up almost every unit, until the market fell. Then everyone that owned a condo there became very disgruntled, which spread like wildfire...and many fell into foreclosure, just as many local surrounding Wilton Manors homes have. Wilton Station itself has very few problems, now, or in the past, other than some high monthly maintenence fee's, which are due to all the amenity's the complex offers. WS was an all brand-new, ground-up, construction project, and very thoroughly planned out. If I was in the market, I would consider WS, as there are currently some good prices on some good units there, due to the economy. Hope this helps. (No, I am not a realtor, but am a very close-by home owner)

Old 12-15-2008, 10:19 PM

1 posts, read 9,982 times
We purchased a unit at Wilton Station and have lived here fulltime for 18 months. We love it, and we have high standards. The contruction is solid and quiet -- we do not hear our neighbors. All units have high ceilings, oversized bathrooms and well-equipped kitchens. Pet friendly. Easy walk to restaurants, bars and shops on Wilton Drive. The club house, pool and gym are the best we have seen in the Fort Lauderdale / Wilton Manors area. And we looked all over for four months before buying.

OK, we're biased because we own here; but we are not real estate agents. We're business professionals like most of the residents of Wilton Station.

Ignore the negative post of 9-23-2008. I could not find a single word of truth in it. It must have been written by the obnoxious party boy who could not behave himself or control his guests, so he was asked to leave. We're a fun community, with weekly Sunday morning coffee club, martini parties and holiday events. It's a great social atmosphere for adults who demonstrate basic personal responsibility.

Condo fees DECREASED for the second year in a row. The 272-unit complex is 95% occupied and only 15 units are in foreclosure. Not bad in this environment -- benchmark any other upscale condo complex. There is normal turnover, but new residents snap up available units. Parking is at a premium, so be sure to negotiate a second space in the purchase price if you need it.

Old 02-16-2009, 02:42 PM

1 posts, read 8,053 times
I had been thinking about buying there and decided to rent for a year to see how I liked it. I lived there for a year until late 2008 and did not enjoy it - I was in a "townhouse" - maybe the construction was better on the higher floors but in the townhouse you could hear both neighbors and hallway noise. I was really surprised b/c they look so solid. I will say the people were not loud party people, very cool neighbors and seemed like great people living there, but the construction seemed cheap. The facilities are really nice, resort pool, palm trees everywhere, and a nice gym area. I found the management to be really disorganized and at times rude. Twice guards in the shack said "I don't really work here" when I asked simple questions (made me glad I was a renter). I moved out towards the end of '08 and don't know what it's like now but I didn't think it was worth staying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area