U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2008, 09:37 PM

6,994 posts, read 16,585,954 times

Advertisements

So,

We are moving out soon. Rent is just getting way to darn high for our taste and we can get a place the same size for 100 to 200 a month less.

So, we told them we are leaving and I get a call the other day. Person says we are with the apartment complex and we see you are leaving. You spouse signed the intent to leave but you didn't. You both must sign. I am like, uhhhh ok, no problem will be by later. Then the person says, by the way have you found a apartment yet? I said nope, not yet. Then the person says, what if i could keep your rent just as it is now would you be willing to stay (they wanted to jack it up by 75 bucks). I said nah, im looking to lower my bills all around, but I will discuss it with the significant other just to make sure we are on the same page.

Anyone else noticing land lords willing to haggle now down here? I noticed we have a abnormal amount of vacancies in this complex. I have been calling around to find out prices round town and EVERYONE has ridiculous specials now too.

Screwed up economy aint all bad I guess.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2008, 10:19 PM

2,685 posts, read 6,043,940 times
That's good news for you. If they're willing to negociate to keep you and the area is still in good shape, that's a plus. You dont have to worry about moving out, so that saves you time, money and energy.

Old 09-25-2008, 05:57 AM

6,994 posts, read 16,585,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterNY View Post
That's good news for you. If they're willing to negociate to keep you and the area is still in good shape, that's a plus. You dont have to worry about moving out, so that saves you time, money and energy.
yeah, for sure. We are thinking to go month to month IF they offer us the same monthly we are at now. Me and the wife just did a ton of interviews in another state. Hopefully one of those pan out and we can split soon. Then phase one of operation "Snake Plissken" will be complete.

Old 09-25-2008, 08:34 AM

9 posts, read 27,942 times
i'm not surprised. I live in Miami and there are so many empty buildings. I'm glad you are getting a better deal.

Old 09-25-2008, 11:00 AM

2,685 posts, read 6,043,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Style View Post
yeah, for sure. We are thinking to go month to month IF they offer us the same monthly we are at now. Me and the wife just did a ton of interviews in another state. Hopefully one of those pan out and we can split soon. Then phase one of operation "Snake Plissken" will be complete.
Care to share where you are going? I'm in the process of doing the same. You can always DM me if anything. I hope that works out for you and your wife. At this point, month to month is the way to go. Great Luck on that.

Old 09-25-2008, 11:09 AM

1,404 posts, read 5,457,638 times
We aren't doing all of that (at our communities) but then again, some management companies may be. A lot of people seem to be putting in their notice to get a cheaper apartment or buy a home for around the same price as rent...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area