Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2008, 01:13 PM

29 posts, read 66,320 times

Advertisements

Hi. I want to ask: How bad is the weather during the rainy season? How often does in rain? Are there many hurricanes? Is it really bad or it's not so bad/tolerably? Please gimme some info on the weather there!! And about the rents: How much is the average prices for a condo/apartment/house with 2 bedrooms and 1 or 2 bathrooms ? I also need some info on that. Thank you !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2008, 02:43 PM

29 posts, read 79,957 times
To be honest, from June through September, it pretty much rains every day. It is hardly ever an all day thing, but usually just for an hour or so in the afternoon. As far as hurricanes, we have been quite lucky the past few years (since 2005). The major problem with most hurricanes that are not very destructive are the days and sometimes weeks after the storm that there is no electricity, it is difficult to get cash, buy gas, groceries, etc.

Condo and apartment prices vary pretty widely depending on your preference and where exactly you want to live. I found rental prices in a decent neighborhood to be around $900/month for a 1 bedroom to around $1200/month for a 2 bedroom. That was 2 years ago so prices may have changed.

Old 10-04-2008, 11:24 AM

29 posts, read 66,320 times
Thanks a lot!

Old 10-16-2008, 01:10 PM

1 posts, read 2,012 times
Thumbs up Landlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallk3r View Post
Hi. I want to ask: How bad is the weather during the rainy season? How often does in rain? Are there many hurricanes? Is it really bad or it's not so bad/tolerably? Please gimme some info on the weather there!! And about the rents: How much is the average prices for a condo/apartment/house with 2 bedrooms and 1 or 2 bathrooms ? I also need some info on that. Thank you !
I use to live in the Bay area of California, now I live in Fort Lauderdale. I lived here through Katrina & Wilma, no big deal. I had just closed on a 47 unit apartment complex, two weeks prior to the hurricanes hiting. Lost 10 roofs out of 12, at the total cost of $100,000. But at the same time I could have just purchased in northern California and the three story appartment building could have colaped into the parking basement.
I lived in San Jose Calif. all my life, throught the Loma Preta earthquack.
If one had the choice over one desater verses another, I would take earth quacks. Reason being! Hurricanes, it is coming, then it is not) Stock up on groceries, water, fuel. After, may not have been needed.) Board up and secure your property. After, may not be needed. With Earth quacks, it is here then gone and you are not left with choices, it is gone before you can come up with a choice.
I have a 47 unit apartment complex(with new roofs). I'm use to rent control, and social services. Therfore the 2 B/R, 1-Bth apartments are like new, for $850. That is cheap compared to California.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area