Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 09:34 AM

489 posts, read 2,015,127 times

Advertisements

I am casting my vote for Delray Beach as well. I have never encountered any kind of the nonsense there that I encounter daily here or hear about in other parts of S. Florida. We always feel safe and welcome. Stop in and have breakfast or lunch at The Green Owl in the heart of Delray Beach. (find it on the internet) It will give you an opportunity to experience the locals. The customer service was absolutely incredible, and it was the BEST food that I have had anywhere - and so very reasonably priced - in a long time. I also had the VERY BEST bowl of chicken soup there. It tasted BETTER THAN homemade. They are not open in the late afternoons or evenings. Good luck with your search.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2007, 09:45 AM

6,853 posts, read 22,457,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Platinum350 View Post
I see, east of I-95 where do you think I should look?
I really don't know the neighborhoods in Broward, so I really can't suggest anything, sorry. Maybe you can find a place some where between work and the nightlife areas. Nightlife, Ft. Lauderdale Beach, Las Olas (Ft. Lauderdale) and the farthest South Beach.

Old 03-07-2007, 04:13 PM

89 posts, read 268,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FedUpInFtMyers View Post
I am casting my vote for Delray Beach as well. I have never encountered any kind of the nonsense there that I encounter daily here or hear about in other parts of S. Florida. We always feel safe and welcome. Stop in and have breakfast or lunch at The Green Owl in the heart of Delray Beach. (find it on the internet) It will give you an opportunity to experience the locals. The customer service was absolutely incredible, and it was the BEST food that I have had anywhere - and so very reasonably priced - in a long time. I also had the VERY BEST bowl of chicken soup there. It tasted BETTER THAN homemade. They are not open in the late afternoons or evenings. Good luck with your search.
Thanks for all the suggestions guys...Delray Beach is starting to sound like a good idea. I also think i'll definitely check out The Green Owl, great idea!

Old 03-07-2007, 07:01 PM

37 posts, read 113,768 times
I grew up in Pompano, a block from the beach. Not a bad life. And eveyone is right, you can find some cool condos on or close to the beach. Coral Springs strikes me as the burbs, and just not close enough to the water. Generic is the word that comes to mind. And Delray, you are looking at a commute that will grind you after a few months, especially during season. Try Ft. Lauderdale too.... Ft. Lauderdale By the Sea is sweet and a little more south.

Old 03-07-2007, 09:17 PM

89 posts, read 268,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coloradomeddie View Post
I grew up in Pompano, a block from the beach. Not a bad life. And eveyone is right, you can find some cool condos on or close to the beach. Coral Springs strikes me as the burbs, and just not close enough to the water. Generic is the word that comes to mind. And Delray, you are looking at a commute that will grind you after a few months, especially during season. Try Ft. Lauderdale too.... Ft. Lauderdale By the Sea is sweet and a little more south.
........................Thanks.................
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area