U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2009, 08:41 AM

1 posts, read 3,715 times

Advertisements

I'm a single professional female in her late 30s relocating for a job in Fort Lauderdale. Looking for suggestions on best place to live within a 30 minute commute to executive airport and maintain a social life. Prefer a single family home, but don't want to be trapped in suburbia. Enjoy great restaurants, the beach, etc. Suggestions?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2009, 10:17 AM

351 posts, read 1,015,789 times
I live just west of the Exec Airport, in the Palm Aire Village (single family homes and villas). 5 minute commute to the Airport, but it is a 15 -20 minute drive to restaurants and the beach area.

Ten-fifteen minutes directly east of the Exec Airport is the Coral Ridge neighborhood which features well kept, older single family ranch style homes. This is in between the beach and the airport off of 62nd/Cypress Creek which will take you directly to the Exec Airport in twenty minutes or so. Harbor Isles in Pompano Beach is also close, and includes nice single family homes (some with waterfront).

Your name implies that you dive - as an avid diver myself, I will add that all the above areas are within a fifteen minute drive to the Pompano Pier's good dive outfits

Old 01-23-2009, 04:54 PM

4,278 posts, read 6,406,034 times
I work in the building right off I-95 that is directly in the flight path of the Exec Airport. East of I-95 on Cypress creek, when Cypress Creek turns into a two-lane road does seem like a nice area. Further East it brings you to the Federal Highway (US1) that has plenty of restaurants.

Make sure to check out Jack's Burgers on US1.

Also Thai Spice on Commercial Blvd - very nice.

Also Blue Moon on Commercial Blvd at the Intracoastal - great place.

Also Aruba's on the Beach at the end of Commerical Blvd - good place.

Lots of other nice places to eat.

Old 01-27-2009, 10:28 PM

6 posts, read 11,295 times
I suggest Hollywood or Pembrok Pines It is close to Cafe Iguana! Nice People and Lots os Restuarant

Old 04-10-2010, 02:40 PM

2,517 posts, read 10,202,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Edward View Post
I suggest Hollywood or Pembrok Pines It is close to Cafe Iguana! Nice People and Lots os Restuarant

Very nice place...this is the 2nd shooting in less than 3 years...

Man shot and killed outside Pembroke Pines club - Breaking News - MiamiHerald.com

Old 04-10-2010, 06:03 PM

3,913 posts, read 8,383,163 times
scubalu13>

I would look in the NE Fort Lauderdale and Pompano Beach areas around US1 and on the beach. Those areas are only 15-20 minutes at most from the executive airport. There are some nice rental apartment communities along US1, and a ton of condos on the beach. There are a ton of restaurants and shopping along US1 and its cross-streets (Atlantic, Commercial, Oakland Park, and Sunrise Blvd's). Those areas have less families and more singles than the suburbs further west. It is more dense and vibrant than out west. There are more than enough bars and tiki bars to satisfy you being single, and you are not far from the major nightlife venues in Fort Lauderdale.

Someone else also mentioned Hollywood. Downtown and East Hollywood around Young Circle and on the beach is another good option, but you will be further away from your job. It is a slightly different crowd too. Just as a general rule of thumb: No matter where you chose to live, try to stay east of Dixie Highway. There are some exceptions, but in general you will be safer living further east by US1 corridor or on the beach and there is more entertainment, nightlife, and singles.

There is a bad stretch in Central Broward County you want to avoid. That is anywhere west of Dixie Highway until you get out to Florida's Turnpike. The lone exception would be Coconut Creek and Deerfield Beach. The Western suburbs of Broward County are very nice places for families. But you will get bored there quickly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or