U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 09:16 AM

2,763 posts, read 6,657,620 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by formerfire View Post
Chelsea, how did you end up making that decision?

Still sorting through PP, Plantation, Weston (not to mention my husbands ill informed ideas )
I like the diversity of the area and the convenience of the area. I'm Chelsa by the way.

I would not live in Plantation unless you have money for the private schools. I think Plantation is nice but the public schools there are pretty scary. To be honest your best bet is Weston when it comes to schools - I compared the Schools and Weston out performs most schools academically, then it is Pembroke Pines Charter, West Broward (brand new school) and Cooper City are about tied and then Flanagan (boo) - not horrendous, but certainly not the school of choice! As for Middle I think PP Charter out performs all of the other schools but some would argue different, Falcon Cove seems to be the better school in Weston but Tequesta does well too and Silver Trails and the Cooper City Middle are on par with one another....I may be rethinking PP and going with Weston - I have to see about commute to work, but I don't think the numbers are a big enough difference that it would make that big of a deal. I'm waiting to see if my boys get into the Charter in PP, if not the area I chose to live in in PP is zoned for Silver Trails Middle and Western Broward - so all of that remains to be seen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2010, 10:26 AM

469 posts, read 1,309,715 times
I am very happy with the Weston schools. I will have to rethink things when my daughter is ready for middle school. At that point my husband will be ready for a promotion and we may move but for the next 2 years (elementary school for 2 kids) we will be in Weston. Chels-are you buying or renting?

Old 04-19-2010, 10:45 AM

2,763 posts, read 6,657,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by namomof3 View Post
I am very happy with the Weston schools. I will have to rethink things when my daughter is ready for middle school. At that point my husband will be ready for a promotion and we may move but for the next 2 years (elementary school for 2 kids) we will be in Weston. Chels-are you buying or renting?
Renting initially.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area