Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 01:54 PM

124 posts, read 440,639 times

Advertisements

Hello all,

I will be taking a trip to So. Florida for vacation this March (4th-10th) and I wanted to ask - In your opinion, what should I not miss?

My DH, 4 year old and I will be in the Sunny Isles area, but I am renting a car, so I don't mind travelling all over!

Both family places and hot spot recommendations are welcome since i will have buiilt-in babysitting (Mother-in-law)

1. Do you have a good restaurant recommendation? Fun/outdoors/live music/good food?

2. I would love to visit Weston - how is the fair on Saturdays? I eventually want to move here!

3. Are there any wine/food festivals happening? I saw a couple in coral gables, and boca (?) but they don't coincide with my stay.

4. Are there any hot spots such as Lounges or dance clubs that I should visit?(not too young of a crowd 30+)

Anything else? Thank you for your feedback!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2009, 08:46 PM

3,910 posts, read 9,468,502 times
I would say visit South Beach during the day and night. That place is a major hot spot. Also Fort Lauderdale Beach is neat. There are so many restaurants in the area I couldn't pick a few for you if i tried. Too much selection. I doubt you'll find much to do in Weston. It might be a place you'd want to live, but there isn't much stuff there that is fun to do while visiting. Also, you can take an airboat ride in the Everglades which is always fun.

Old 02-07-2009, 10:34 PM

4,346 posts, read 7,825,336 times
Every once in a while there is a food and wine festival in Weston too, not sure when the next one is coming up.

Old 02-08-2009, 09:15 AM

60 posts, read 233,952 times
I just got back from a short visit there and I liked the Water Taxi in Ft. Lauderdale. You can get info at www.watertaxi.com. You get to ride along the intracoastal waterway, see and hear about the mansions and yachts, stop at great shopping and restaurant spots. The crew is helpful with suggestions, too. Do it during the day and again at night ($13 for all day pass). I got more info on stuff to do from sunny.org. I also got info from some canadian ladies that you can do a day cruise to the bahamas for $30. I haven't looked into it yet but I got the link, www.discoverycruiseline.com and will try to do that when I go back again. Have fun!

Old 02-08-2009, 01:40 PM

124 posts, read 440,639 times
very helpful! thank you. I'll certainly try the water taxi!

Old 02-08-2009, 05:01 PM

1,352 posts, read 4,374,004 times
Air boat rides. Jungle dumping.. Might not sound high class but it is ultimately one of the most fun things you can ever do.

Might skip the jungle part if you dont like bugs though.

Old 02-09-2009, 04:49 PM

137 posts, read 425,311 times
I seconds the water taxi also. its definetly a cool place to get around. I also recommend you go on tripadvisor.com type in fort lauderdale and see all the info you can get there.

Old 02-09-2009, 06:28 PM

4,346 posts, read 7,825,336 times
You can also go hunting wild boar in the Everglades:

Wild Boar Hunting-Excellent Wild Boar hunts in South Florida (http://www.huntsflorida.com/AboutWildboar.htm - broken link)

Old 02-17-2009, 11:47 PM

2,930 posts, read 7,059,639 times
The keys, Miami Beach, Las Olas, coconut grove, Key Biscayne, the Everglades.

Please DON'T GO to la calle ocho festival or any latino festival. I think it's in march lol. It's really ghetto.

Old 02-18-2009, 01:02 PM

8 posts, read 28,666 times
South Beach is pretty laughable from Weston. It's too crowded, too expensive, and too far. Las Olas is nice and not as expensive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area