Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2007, 08:53 AM

173 posts, read 680,613 times

Advertisements

Hey all,

I have been here on the forum trying to get info about Deerfield Beach, Boca Raton, and Coconut Creek as places for me to live when I move to FL next yr... I settled on West Boca, however, I kept hearing about this "Hallandale" some time back, but the person didn't give me any info about it.

This brings me to the question... is there anyone familiar with the Hallandale area? I seen real estate photos of this place and it is VERY tropical and beautiful. When I seen the photos,I totally fell in love with this place....It seems as if it's Broward's version of Aventura...This is the place of my dreams. What attracts me to it more is the low population, affordability of property taxes, and numerous ocean front condos in the area (Although that is not what I am looking for). However, the majority of the homes in this city are run down from what I seen in the photos..That's sort of a turn off for me.

My biggest concern is the crime rate. What is the crime like in this city? I heard that it is somewhat lower than Boca's, but I don't believe that. I am very attracted to this place's beauty, but I can't live here if it's crime ridden... I am a peace loving 21 yr old man who's looking for a easy going life, possibly even raise a family here.. I am not into ghetto life, or parties, running the streets, etc.... That is what I am trying to steer away from... If there is anyone who ACTUALLY KNOWS about life in Hallandale, can you please give me info on crime, schools, drugs?

Thank you.

Last edited by rickyd; 03-15-2007 at 10:05 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area