Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2011, 08:04 PM

100 posts, read 328,852 times

Advertisements

Plantation is nice. Sunrise as well. Very safe, suburban towns. Broward really isnt a suburb of Miami, it's its own animal. However West Palm Beach down though Miami is one big megaopolis, so.

Anyway, check out Weston too.
I personaly love Sunrise and Plantation. Neat, clean subuubs with plenty of shopping with a lot of diversity, but not toooo much diversity, if ya know what im saying....aka u dont need to speak spanish t o live there :P
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2011, 11:14 AM

3 posts, read 16,710 times
What about Lauderdale By The Sea? Its convenient to my new work site. Is there entertainment, shopping etc./ I have no kids so schools aren't an issue. What about costs?

Old 08-30-2011, 03:41 PM

1,641 posts, read 1,645,239 times
Parkland , Plantation, Weston, etc, are not neighborhoods of Fort Lauderdale.
The city or municipality of Fort Lauderdale has several neighborhods and one of the names are Las Olas Isles, Idlewyld ( Poinciana Drive and surroundings south of Las Olas Blvd), Riviera Isles, Seven Isles, Hendricks and Venice Isles, Colee Hammock, Beverly Heights, Victoria Park, Rio Vista, Harbordale, Sunrise Intracoastal, Sunrise Key, Central Beach, Lauderdale Harbours, Harbour Inlet, Poinciana Park, Croissant Park, River Oaks ( Citrus Isles, Yellowstone Park, Osceola Park), Edgewood, Riverland, Oak River, Chula Vista, Flamingo Park, Sunset, Lauderdale West, Melrose Park, Broadview Park, Dorse Riverbend, Shady Banks, Boulevard Gardens, Flagler Village, Lake Ridge, Middle River Terrace, South Middle River, Lauderdale Manors, Dillard Park, Roosevelt Garden, Lake Air, Rock Island, Coral Shores, Coral Ridge, Bal Harbour, Lauderdale Beach, Galt Mile, Coral Ridge Country Club, Bermuda Riviera, Knoll Ridge, Coral Ridge Isles, Landings, Imperial Point, Andrews Gardens, Palm Air, Progreso, Durrs, Broward Estates, River Run, Lauderdale Isles, Tarpon River, Sailboat Bend , among other subdivisions.

Old 09-04-2011, 03:31 PM

149 posts, read 465,765 times
Of course there gays in Fort Lauderdale. it's a city. But there are a lot of hot girls also. You'd be fine man. It's not like the gay guys are all going to hit on you lol.

Old 10-08-2011, 11:24 AM

24 posts, read 87,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike10693 View Post
Of course there gays in Fort Lauderdale. it's a city. But there are a lot of hot girls also. You'd be fine man. It's not like the gay guys are all going to hit on you lol.
True, haha. 20% is just kind of a steep number but I'm assuming this person was just exaggerating. I highly doubt 2 in 10 people in Ft. Lauderdale are actually gay that doesn't make sense. That's what I was throwing my arms up about it lol.

Planning on flying down there in January to check it out.

Old 10-08-2011, 03:20 PM

1,336 posts, read 4,965,556 times
ft lauderdale is the gay mecca of the US, transgender as well. If u hang around the city limits of ft lauderdale it is quite noticeable. the "hot girls" ft. lauderdale rap is extremely overrated. in my opinion tampa is way better.

Old 10-08-2011, 05:04 PM

3,910 posts, read 9,470,837 times
Its not 20% gay here. Maybe 2% in Fort Lauderdale but not 20%. There is an area called Wilton Manors that is the largest gay community per capita in America. It is located about 1 mile northeast of downtown Fort Lauderdale. As long as you avoid living there, you'll be fine.

Also, Fort Lauderdale and Miami have the hottest girls in America hands down. I have visited a lot of places and they do not compare. I guess it is because the weather is warm and sunny almost all year around here so women are constantly tanning at the beach and working out. You will find that there are lots of girls here in shape and tanned compared to where you are from.

The downside of the girls here is that they know they're hot so they tend to be very stuck up. The usual pick-up lines do not work. Even if you have good game, it will take you a while to adjust to Fort Lauderdale girls. Also, if you drive a Ferrari that helps too.

Old 10-08-2011, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolefan34 View Post
Fort Lauderdale and Miami have the hottest girls in America hands down.The downside of the girls here is that they know they're hot so they tend to be very stuck up. The usual pick-up lines do not work. Even if you have good game, it will take you a while to adjust to Fort Lauderdale girls. Also, if you drive a Ferrari that helps too.
people r fooled, girls dont wear anything in ft laud and are basically naked at the beach so most guys from elsewhere lose their mind and simply proclaim ft laud girls the hottest theyve ever seen. i worked that scene extensively and thoroughly with success for 5 yrs and its not that great. places like cali, nyc, some of the south, chicago, dc, dallas, austin, houston are way better and the girls r educated and down to earth. a kid from lancaster, pa will jump thru endless hoops and get nowhere with glammed out sofla girls unless he is a millionaire sugar daddy type

Old 10-08-2011, 08:26 PM

3,910 posts, read 9,470,837 times
Well I disagree with you JSnFla like on most topics. South FL has the best looking girls of anywhere in America. Take a poll of guys and I bet you its either us or Cali that wins. I have a very good eye for this stuff. Many guys visit from other parts of the country and are wowed by the overall quality of appearance. Mostly because more girls are in shape than other parts and showing off their bodies is a big thing here so they spend more time and efforts getting in shape.

NYC women cover up and never show any skin. I bet whats underneath many of their outfits isn't too pretty. Saying that Chicago women are better looking than South FL pretty much goes against everything I've ever learned or know. Did you just make that up? Texas women always get a good reputation, but I honestly believe its overblown because of Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders.

I do agree that South FL girls are sugar daddy types. But personality is a different debate altogether.

Old 10-08-2011, 08:52 PM

when i lived in ft laud a lot of the really hot girls i met where either on vacation, just moved to the US from south america or extremely sketchy transient types with lil to no education looking to party endlessly and meet rich shady guys. ive visited chicago a few times and was extremely impressed, it was during summer. nyc like any world class major city is phenomenal for women, blows miami/ft laud away on every level. go to a major gym,club, or happy hour in nyc and get back to me. when there is unlimited wealth like there is in nyc, the worlds finest women wont be far away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area