Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 12:48 PM

3,043 posts, read 7,675,745 times

Advertisements

For prek-3, definitely check out American Heritage in Plantation (about 10 minutes from Weston). I don't know if Sagemont starts that early.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2009, 01:28 PM

77 posts, read 295,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fauve View Post
For prek-3, definitely check out American Heritage in Plantation (about 10 minutes from Weston). I don't know if Sagemont starts that early.
Whoa!!! AH is EXPENSIVE....

Any other preschools or maybe church preschools to look into?

Old 03-04-2009, 02:58 PM

8 posts, read 25,153 times
Hey newmommy, you have to remember that much of the year during the day, it will be much too hot for the kids to be outside (playing in park, street fairs, etc). The evenings are more bearable.

It is imperative and I do mean imperative, that your children take swimming lessons by a reputable teacher. Not only for safety reasons (millions of canals) but to enjoy those hot days by swimming in a pool or by the beach. I speak from experience because I had raised my son in Broward and there were many fun things to do. Just keep the weather in mind. Good luck!!!

Old 03-04-2009, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooie2e View Post
Hey newmommy, you have to remember that much of the year during the day, it will be much too hot for the kids to be outside (playing in park, street fairs, etc). The evenings are more bearable.

It is imperative and I do mean imperative, that your children take swimming lessons by a reputable teacher. Not only for safety reasons (millions of canals) but to enjoy those hot days by swimming in a pool or by the beach. I speak from experience because I had raised my son in Broward and there were many fun things to do. Just keep the weather in mind. Good luck!!!
Thanks so much. We live in Florida already so we know (and dread) the summers.

Old 03-04-2009, 03:05 PM

2,763 posts, read 6,736,695 times
New where in NY were you from? Unless last summer was mild for Florida, I remember it bein comparable to NYC.

Old 03-04-2009, 03:06 PM

Another couple of questions....

What would be the nearest mall from Weston? (How far in drive time am I looking at) Would it be Pembroke Pines?

Anyone know anything about Sagemont? Seems cheaper that American Heritage. Is there a reason for that?

Can anyone give me some 'better/upscale' developments to look into? We're looking for a 4-5 bedroom/2 bath. Any particular development that has a wonderful playground/pool area?

TIA!

Old 03-04-2009, 06:07 PM

3,043 posts, read 7,675,745 times
My kids went to Sagemont for grades 1-3. I LOVE that school...we only transferred to AHS becoz hubby got a job there and the kids of faculty are required to attend. I like AHS too, but if Sagemont does prek-3, go for it!

Old 03-04-2009, 08:44 PM

188 posts, read 585,332 times
The malls are about 5-8 miles from Weston either north or south. North is Sawgrass Mills which is a huge outlet mall with regular stores also. There is also plenty of other shopping in that area that is not in the mall. This would be in the town of Sunrise.
South is Pembroke Lakes Mall. There is also the Pembroke Gardens lifestyle Center which is outside and has many decent shops. Again with Plenty of other shopping in the area. This area is in Pembroke Pines. There are also many other shopping areas that might be a little farther away but doable.
As far as upscale housing in Weston, I am not sure how upscale you are looking for but I think Windmill Reserve is the most expensive area. There are areas such as Weston Hills that are considered pretty upscale. This area has a golf course. Most all developments have 4-5 bedroom homes. Some have community pools and most all have parks. I would suggest getting in touch with a realtor that specializes in this area and let them know exactly what you are looking for.

Old 05-11-2009, 07:52 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,330,244 times
Wow, great thread.

Old 08-07-2010, 11:24 AM

2 posts, read 2,341 times
Weston- is a very nice, affluent, neighborhood... unlike all of the other people who have been posting here, i grew up in weston... there are so many festivals and things to do. For instance, during the winter, there are free movie nights outside for families in the Regional Park once a month on Saturdays. The elementary schools are great and full of very helpful teachers. Falcon Cove Middle School, is very good... and there are so many electives and classes to choose from. There are alot of things to do during the summer and many summer camps for children also.....u really should pay a visit though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area