Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2014, 09:25 PM

4,346 posts, read 7,828,936 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdhdchhhd View Post
It is possibly the most boring city you have ever visited in America
What do you need, clubs? There is Fort Lauderdale 20 minutes away, or Miami 40 minutes away.

Weston is the best place to come home after being entertained elsewhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2014, 12:12 AM

4 posts, read 8,921 times
Hey I would also like to know about Weston because I'm thinking about moving there. So I would like you to help me with these questions

~ are they too many Venezuelans because I'm from Venezuela and I personally don't want to be around MANY Venezuelans

~is it easy to get a job as a preeschool Teacher

~is food expensive

~how is the weather and can you explain me like monthly like for example: january and February sunny days Augustus and September rainy days

Old 08-19-2014, 05:45 AM

Not as many Venezuelans as in Doral.

Food... depends on where you come from.

Old 08-19-2014, 10:15 AM

3,237 posts, read 3,196,331 times
1. According to city data, about 4% of the population of Weston hail originally from Venezuela.
//www.city-data.com/top2/h159.html

I consider Weston to be a "United Nations" type of neighborhood where there are neighbors from South America (and that includes a lot of countries besides Venezuela -- Brazil, Columbia, Peru -- I'm sure I'm leaving more out), Central America (Mexico, and Guatemala), the Middle and Far East (India, Israel, South Korea), Europe (Russia and Italy), the Caribbean (Jamaica, Cuba and Puerto Rico) and North America (Canada and of course, American born citizens from other cities and/or states).

2. A friend of mine was in elementary education and she taught at Sagemont School in Weston -- she had an extensive background teaching elementary school up north. She eventually transitioned to the Broward Schools system and taught elementary school at several schools here in the county. If you are bi-lingual, I would think you would have a good chance of finding some type of work in education -- all depends on your experience and talents (I would think). I don't know if this really answers your question though.

3. Are you referring to grocery stores or dining? Publix has the market cornered practically when it comes to grocery shopping. I live in Weston but buy some things in bulk at BJ's in nearby Pembroke Pines where you need a membership card. I don't know what part of the country you'd be moving from, but I think that generally speaking, food is not inexpensive here in South Florida in general. We have a few farmer's markets in the area that have cheaper fruits and vegetables. As far as dining in Weston, you've got everything from fast food to fine dining, and all points in between.

4. January and February are gorgeous -- the sun sets kinda early, due to the time change in the fall, but there's very little rain and, comparatively speaking, not as much humidity. It's a great time of year to be in South Florida. I think the average temperature is around 75 degrees. As for July and August -- hot, humid, sunny and muggy -- and rainy. It rains practically everyday, usually in the afternoon, and the shower can last for 15, 20 minutes, or even an hour or more. The temps are in the high 90's.

Hope this helps.

Old 08-21-2014, 02:00 PM

4 posts, read 8,921 times
do most of the people talks spanish or mostly english ?

Old 08-21-2014, 03:11 PM

191 posts, read 317,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvonne warrior View Post
do most of the people talks spanish or mostly english ?
Unless you are in little Havana or some pockets in Hialeah, just about everybody can speak English without any problem.

Many jobs down here want you to be bi-lingual just in case, but as for regular everyday life, you don't need to speak Spanish.

Being unable to survive down here without Spanish is just one of those stereotypes created by those who don't even live here.

Old 08-27-2014, 06:19 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,373,019 times
A few years ago, Weston was also known as "Westonzuela."

Old 07-24-2015, 01:51 PM

1 posts, read 1,187 times
Default Another potential Weston transplant

I would love to get in touch with maxs_mama - would you mind messaging me privately? I am curious what your take is on the whole adventure after a few years (assuming you did move there).

Old 07-27-2015, 05:24 PM

14 posts, read 19,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonness View Post
I would love to get in touch with maxs_mama - would you mind messaging me privately? I am curious what your take is on the whole adventure after a few years (assuming you did move there).

I would too. We are planning to move this fall.

Old 07-27-2015, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtkendra View Post
I would too. We are planning to move this fall.
Need a realtor?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area