Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2009, 10:37 AM

14 posts, read 21,585 times

Advertisements

Oh gawd. Why do some people living in ny think they can impose their likes/dislikes on other places? Self absorbed. I have never been very impressed and neither have many of my acquaintances. It's more a hype and illusion thing than reality. Most of the reality is pretty gross. LOL. Anyway... taken together, Fort Lauderdale/Miami is a pretty formidable place to relocate if you look at it point by point. :-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2009, 03:00 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,383,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JalS View Post
Oh gawd. Why do some people living in ny think they can impose their likes/dislikes on other places? Self absorbed. I have never been very impressed and neither have many of my acquaintances. It's more a hype and illusion thing than reality. Most of the reality is pretty gross. LOL. Anyway... taken together, Fort Lauderdale/Miami is a pretty formidable place to relocate if you look at it point by point. :-)
Just like you just imposed your like/dislike of New York. J
Just because someone lives in New York, doesn't mean that this person is not entitled to an opinion about other towns.

Old 12-21-2009, 04:54 PM

2,764 posts, read 6,766,181 times
I tend not to believe the apt for 700$ was beautiful as Florida standards go - we can have this conversation until we are blue in the face. I believe the majority of people especially those who have already relocated to Florida would not chose to live in ny in an apt for 700$ - th apt is likely to be half a room and a cabinet - it is a dinasour - u just can't find them anymore -

As for making generalizations - u shouldn't because u often end up looking like an a$$ -

Old 09-25-2010, 07:47 AM

7 posts, read 11,987 times
Default Not boring if you do your homework: suggestions...

Your concern is fair but unjustified. Fort Lauderdale, and SoFla in general, can be boring only if you do not do your homework. I myself moved from NYC about a year ago. I was shocked at first, bordering depression. This is not a place you can just walk around, and expect to be entertained.
So I did some research online. Moderator cut: Sorry, recommendations for commercial services are not allowed with under 10 posts
There are also plenty of local free newspapers like New Times or City Link that will inform you on the week events. And the Friday Sun-Sentinel has a Showtime section that is a gold mine too.
Conclusion: with some efforts you can be rewarded with an area that is in fact a lot of fun and very interesting. Hope this helps.

Last edited by fauve; 09-26-2010 at 10:27 AM..

Old 09-27-2010, 09:12 AM

6,993 posts, read 17,365,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbecca1977 View Post
Your concern is fair but unjustified. Fort Lauderdale, and SoFla in general, can be boring only if you do not do your homework. I myself moved from NYC about a year ago. I was shocked at first, bordering depression. This is not a place you can just walk around, and expect to be entertained.
So I did some research online. Moderator cut: Sorry, recommendations for commercial services are not allowed with under 10 posts
There are also plenty of local free newspapers like New Times or City Link that will inform you on the week events. And the Friday Sun-Sentinel has a Showtime section that is a gold mine too.
Conclusion: with some efforts you can be rewarded with an area that is in fact a lot of fun and very interesting. Hope this helps.
^^

This and [/thread]

You can find things to do that is for sure. If you are coming from NYC you have to get out of the NYC frame of mine. THings are not jumping off on ever corner down here. You MUST look for it, but there are things to do. I would say though, Miami has far more going on than Fort Lauderdale. Which isnt a big deal, nothing a car cant fix.

Old 09-27-2010, 05:22 PM

3,910 posts, read 9,471,842 times
I cannot imagine what a $700 apartment in NYC would be. A cardboard box? LOL. You cannot even live in some of the worst ghettos of South FL for $700.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area