Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 09:17 AM

90 posts, read 182,708 times

Advertisements

South Florida is a melting pot of different cultures and people. If you are looking for a primarily "white" community, this isn't the place. Everybody that lives here is from somewhere else, whether it's another state or another country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2009, 12:55 PM

552 posts, read 592,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Newman View Post
It was just to easy ..... I am sure you are a good guy ... you just come accross as mean spirited in many of your posts .... life is to short man .. live and let live . Yes , there are Puerto Ricans in Orlando ... we get that .. let it go already and make your move out of state when you can .
I understand that, and I am live and let live, but when they are breaking into homes, cars, driving like maniacs, trashing foreclosed homes in my neighborhood, not keeping up with their yard, and neighbors have to put up cameras under the eves of their roof to catch these idiots, I tend to get a little bit upset. I'm sure you can understand. And before the racial comments start, give it a rest (not you Rock, just saying in general). We know who is doing what in our neighborhood, and we have a police/sherriff's presence here now. If things like this didnt occur, it wouldnt be an issue.

Old 06-23-2009, 02:43 PM

1,344 posts, read 3,608,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWTOSFLA View Post
exactly what nationalities?
Diversity flourishes in Boston, Chicago, NYC, San Francisco... That is why those cities are the most desirable. Rent is more expensive there... Miami is not diverse; there is one giant mono-culture that everybody knows about, and a light sprinkling of whites and African Americans around the edges.

Old 06-23-2009, 05:45 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,892,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scientifical Madness View Post
I understand that, and I am live and let live, but when they are breaking into homes, cars, driving like maniacs, trashing foreclosed homes in my neighborhood, not keeping up with their yard, and neighbors have to put up cameras under the eves of their roof to catch these idiots, I tend to get a little bit upset. I'm sure you can understand. And before the racial comments start, give it a rest (not you Rock, just saying in general). We know who is doing what in our neighborhood, and we have a police/sherriff's presence here now. If things like this didnt occur, it wouldnt be an issue.
So, basically what you are saying is they need to put cameras in your neighborhood to capture Hispanics? That's a little bit neo-nazi ish.

Old 06-23-2009, 05:58 PM

552 posts, read 592,129 times
Put cameras under the eves of their roofline so they can catch people in the act, or on tape. Not sure what is wrong with that. It doesnt matter who is being caught, if they get caught, that's a win for the good guys. I dont pick and choose what skin color the folks have that are causing these problems. Why not just buy your own motorcycle, lawn mowers, and tv's instead of stealing others'? Dont you think the problem would resolve that way? We had a really nice AA family (military family, very nice) move away because their house got broken into 3 times in less than a year. That's pretty bad. Once again, good neighbors moving out.

Old 06-24-2009, 08:22 AM

245 posts, read 1,171,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolitazz View Post
NewtoSfla, It seems to me you are just trying to be controversial, especially with the "define diversity" part. I honestly think you have an issue with hispanics and think they are all racists. Maybe you are just trying to narrow it down to nationalities. Please put yourself in others people's shoes. you wouldn't like it if someone opened a topic like that in the Birmingham or Atlanta forum. To be a bigot, you just have to an idiot, you don't need to be from an specific place or race. Maybe you just need to know more hispanics and eventually you will figure out that not everybody is the same. Everybody has prejudice when they first meet someone, It's a human thing to try to categorize everything, it becomes a problem when you don't give people a chance to prove you wrong and when you feel like a victim. Yes some people are racists, but please don't think everyone is like that, that's just unrealistic and unhealthy.

I do not have a issue with hispanics except when they discriminate against me(which surprisingly happens quite frequently down here) and the only reason why i put this question up was because everybody keeps saying south florida is has alot of diversity, which i totally disagree. I grew with hispanics and many many other races and cultures, so i just need to know what people were referring to, when they said south florida is diverse.

Old 06-24-2009, 09:19 PM

2,930 posts, read 7,058,545 times
Quote:
I do not have a issue with hispanics except when they discriminate against me(which surprisingly happens quite frequently down here) and the only reason why i put this question up was because everybody keeps saying south florida is has alot of diversity, which i totally disagree. I grew with hispanics and many many other races and cultures, so i just need to know what people were referring to, when they said south florida is diverse.
I find it very hard to believe that you face discrimination so often without you having anything to do with it. Even though I'm hispanic I have always defended black people and I think there is still a lot of discrimination & lack of opportunities for them. Having said that, I would probably would be rude to you in person if you made the same comments about some hispanics that you make in this forum.

To answer your question, most people down here are Cubans, and this place is not that diverse in my opinion, but I don't think any city is diverse either. aS long as people are different, there is always gonna be some kind of racial tension and the majority always wins.

Old 06-25-2009, 07:04 AM

Quote:
I find it very hard to believe that you face discrimination so often without you having anything to do with it. Even though I'm hispanic I have always defended black people and I think there is still a lot of discrimination & lack of opportunities for them. Having said that, I would probably would be rude to you in person if you made the same comments about some hispanics that you make in this forum.

To answer your question, most people down here are Cubans, and this place is not that diverse in my opinion, but I don't think any city is diverse either. aS long as people are different, there is always gonna be some kind of racial tension and the majority always wins.
you don't walk in my shoes, so maybe that's why you find it soooooooooo hard. You barely even know me. This is

Old 06-25-2009, 07:05 AM

Quote:

you don't walk in my shoes, so maybe that's why you find it soooooooooo hard. You barely even know me. This is what i have experienced, it doesn't matter if you agree with it or not. You have your OPINIONS and i have my experienced.

Old 06-25-2009, 08:35 AM

2,930 posts, read 7,058,545 times
Quote:
you don't walk in my shoes, so maybe that's why you find it soooooooooo hard. You barely even know me. This is what i have experienced, it doesn't matter if you agree with it or not. You have your OPINIONS and i have my experienced.
I'm just saying if you go around complaining about Cubans and all that Spanish like you do in this forum, you should also expect to be disrespected. I have a lot of respect for blacks, but none for that small number of blacks that are disrespectful to other races.

Don't assume I have never been experienced discrimination. When I first came here being hispanic wasn't so cool and a small number anglos & blacks were not that nice to me. but the blacks and anglos that went out of their way to help me have way outnumbered those nasty people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area