Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2009, 07:35 PM

1 posts, read 9,664 times

Advertisements

We are looking at buying a condo at the community of Edgewater Condos in Coral Springs, Fl. There are some unpleasnt comments about this community but they are all dated back to the beginning of 2008.

If anyone has any comments they would like to share it would be appreciated! Do not want to make a bad decision by moving there and being sorry
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2009, 08:08 PM

2,517 posts, read 11,050,573 times
Wife and I used to live there. I would avoid it. If your buying # 104...that's where we used to live ! It's probably the nicest one. Problem with Edgewater is that back in 2006 everyone bought them like crazy based on pure speculation...nobody ever really wanted to live there. It's 90% renters. You don't really want to buy in a place that is majority renters because renters don't care about the upkeep and most of the time the landlords who are desperate to rent, will bring down the rent way cheap and rent to trashy people. We lived on the bottom floor and noise upstairs was horrible. I literally had to buy earplugs to be able to sleep at night. My car was vandalized once, the fitness room is a joke...graffiti everywhere, teenagers running aroundr rampant like dogs in heat....my wife was harassed and stalked by some teenager in a car a couple of time until I confronted him and that was the end of that. Our neighbors had a teenager with serious mental issues and had to call the cops and they baker acted her. I have seen a lot of weird stuff there. The ladies in the hair salon in the shopping center next door can see from the front door what looks like constant influx of cars in and out at one side of the complex and they think it's drugs. Cops are there on a routine basis and there have been a couple of fires already. Many and I mean MANY MANY of these places went into foreclosure or are already going. Guess what is going to happen to the already high HOA fee's? They are going to skyrocket and owners will be slapped with special assessment of 1,000 dollars here, 500 dollars there. DO NOT BUY IN EDGEWATER...trust me on this, you would be making a huge mistake. The place is destined for doom.

Old 07-25-2010, 12:49 PM

4 posts, read 29,175 times
Yes you were correct about the problems at Edgewater but, now the new leadership of the association & management company have taken many steps to make improvements. New policies that they are able to enforce upon the owners that rent out their units is turning the tides at the Edgewater. Now the owners are being held responsible for violations of their renter. A new clever and yet legal tactic gives the association and management an upper hand to root out the problems associated with renters.

Old 07-26-2010, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtpfla View Post
Yes you were correct about the problems at Edgewater but, now the new leadership of the association & management company have taken many steps to make improvements. New policies that they are able to enforce upon the owners that rent out their units is turning the tides at the Edgewater. Now the owners are being held responsible for violations of their renter. A new clever and yet legal tactic gives the association and management an upper hand to root out the problems associated with renters.
But it doesn't the change the fact the place is still Section 8.

Old 07-30-2010, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heydade View Post
But it doesn't the change the fact the place is still Section 8.

Sir, Edgewater is NOT a Section 8 "Project Based Program" therefore any property owner that is willing and eligible to rent to a Section 8 recipient may do so. This applies to Every Neighborhood, Everywhere. You may be living next door to someone on Section 8 right now. So next time you ask your neighbor for a cup of sugar, I'd suggest leaving that negative attitude at Your Home Sweet Home.

Old 07-30-2010, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtpfla View Post
Sir, Edgewater is NOT a Section 8 "Project Based Program" therefore any property owner that is willing and eligible to rent to a Section 8 recipient may do so. This applies to Every Neighborhood, Everywhere. You may be living next door to someone on Section 8 right now. So next time you ask your neighbor for a cup of sugar, I'd suggest leaving that negative attitude at Your Home Sweet Home.

Edgewater turned section 8..........the place is a cesspool for crime. I stand by my comments and FACTS. I don't live in Edgewater anymore. Best decision I ever made was to get out of that crummy place.

Old 08-03-2010, 09:50 AM

Once again I will agree about the problems in the past, if you read my first comment you will see I did not deny this Sir. I do find it abnormal and errogant that someone no longer living at Edgewater would be commenting on the current situtation at the property.

I'm sorry about your bad experience but I am proud of our community for coming together and addressing the problems we Had.

Here are some links that may be helpful for FACT checking.

Crime Statistics (http://www.coralsprings.org/Police/CrimeStats/index.cfm - broken link)
GoSection8.com - Section 8 Rental Housing & Apartments Listing Service for Landlords & Tenants

Old 07-15-2013, 12:13 PM

1 posts, read 3,757 times
Default horrible 2013

was ok at first but then the true colors of this place came out after 2 months. The office doesn't help out you at all and you get tickets for any and everything. The money you think you save by moving here goes to tickets so might as well move somewhere which cost more and is more reliable. plus the gate is always broken.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area