Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2009, 08:02 PM

3,043 posts, read 7,675,745 times

Advertisements

Actually, I was thinking of the white, black & hispanic youth in the formerly valued half million to million dollar homes of west Miramar, P. Pines & Weston. But, of course, like all good trends they start in the inner city.

OP, speaking of kids - my kids go/went (one just graduated) to American Heritage School. Elementary school tuition there runs mid to high teens...

American Heritage Plantation Campus

Actually, Plantation where it's located is a very nice community worth checking into. Zips are 33325 & 33324.

Last edited by fauve; 07-25-2009 at 08:12 PM.. Reason: add zips
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2009, 08:13 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,786,946 times
The parts of Davie that fill those zips are also nice. 33328 is also nice including Cooper City.

Old 07-25-2009, 08:22 PM

3,043 posts, read 7,675,745 times
In fact OP, I might be tempted to stick to these "quieter" areas till the market calms down.

Old 07-27-2009, 03:12 PM

58 posts, read 123,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heydade View Post
Miramar schools are not that great at all....especially the further east you go. Miramar High school is a BIG no-no. Everglades high out west is decent....but has it's share of problems as does any other high school. Crime is high in Miramar and the economy is not helping at all....people are desperate and are stealing left and right. I assure you of this. I would avoid Miramar and choose Weston instead. There are many foreclosures in Miramar, meaning that if you did buy in Miramar, chances are you would be part of an HOA association and deal with higher and higher fee's and special assesssments every month. The only part of Miramar that is not part of a Moderator cut: offensive structured HOA is country club ranches and most of the homes east of Douglas.

What area are you looking into in Miramar and I can try and shed some more light for you.
I dont' have a particular area in mind. My work would be around Miramar Pkway and I75. I really don't mind a 20-30 minute commute if it means living in a better area. From the feedback here, it seems west Miramar is fairly safe...

Old 07-27-2009, 03:18 PM

58 posts, read 123,658 times
Thanks all for the feedback. I think I've gotten my answers from all of you. From the responses here, it seems like there's some misinformation about schools going around.

Old 07-27-2009, 07:44 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,786,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rx81 View Post
From the feedback here, it seems west Miramar is fairly safe...
I can also dually verify that with the stats...yes there are burglaries and thefts but not at an above average proportion. The worst areas are between Flamingo and 75 (spillover from Dade) and between Douglas and University (Sherman Circle). Miramar is really pretty much an average to better than average area with a couple of less desirable pockets just like most cities.

http://p2c.miramarpd.org/Summary.aspx

You can compare it to Pembroke Pines right here which has a below average crime rate when compared to the national rate.

http://www.ppines.com/police/areas/a.../may-2009.html

Of course, Weston and Cooper City are safer areas, however. Davie might be a tad safer west of University Dr. I would recommend all three over west Miramar, but would recommend west Miramar over Pembroke Pines just because it is comparable and less congested. For what you are looking for, I would say Weston and Cooper City would be "10s", Davie would be a "9", and west Miramar/Pembroke Pines would be an "8".

Last edited by compelled to reply; 07-27-2009 at 07:58 PM..

Old 07-28-2009, 01:55 PM

137 posts, read 422,991 times
I'm as far west in Miramar as one can go without stepping into the Everglades and yes, its beautiful. I thought I got a great deal on my house. the previous owner paid 300,000 more than he was asking and I offered him almost 40K less than that. Well, this week, I've seen two homes, same model as mine "asking" for 30K less than what I paid. Therefore, is it a great time to buy a house in Miramar. I'd say yes, so long as you stay west of I75.

Old 07-28-2009, 05:28 PM

423 posts, read 1,635,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lshoupe View Post
I'm as far west in Miramar as one can go without stepping into the Everglades and yes, its beautiful. I thought I got a great deal on my house. the previous owner paid 300,000 more than he was asking and I offered him almost 40K less than that. Well, this week, I've seen two homes, same model as mine "asking" for 30K less than what I paid. Therefore, is it a great time to buy a house in Miramar. I'd say yes, so long as you stay west of I75.
You must be in Sunset Lakes... beautiful community.

Old 07-30-2009, 02:32 PM

2 posts, read 5,335 times
I'm looking to buy a very inexpensive mobile home in the Ft. Laud. area. any ideas where I can start? what about Oakland Park area (crime). and a place called Sunshine Holiday Park (I'm guessing a mobile home park).

Old 05-07-2010, 11:08 PM

2 posts, read 2,236 times
I live in Clermont Florida actually the south of Clermont by hwy 27 been here 3 years.[mod]offensive[/mod] I find it funny how Ive heard comments on New Yorkers having the nastiest attitudes...well i shall say sum Floridians win the novel price in bad attitudes. Also crime may show low here in Clermont and I may have the answer to that...basicly you have to actually argue with cops for them to fill out a complaint and forget about counting in them to protect you cause they could careless about you and youre well been. Im looking for a better town in Florida to move in soon but if I dont see thru it Im going back to heaven (New York) cause I sure dont wanna stay here in He!!. If you care about yourself and youre loved ones do not choose this town as your hometown...I got some stories about this town like one night some [mod]snip[/mod] man went crazy and was shooting at buildings one bullet went thru a window of my friends aparment and at that time he was getting ready to go work luckly he wasnt near where the bullet hit, also the schools were graded A until the over population now the schools are at B-.

Last edited by fauve; 05-07-2010 at 11:39 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area