Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 01:08 PM

7 posts, read 20,212 times

Advertisements

I will be moving to Fort Lauderdale within the next month or so and have been looking on craigslist for rentals. I came across a rental at a building called Lauderdale One. The address is 2401 NE 65th Street. Does any one know if this is a safe area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2009, 02:12 PM

35 posts, read 145,079 times
Safe, convenient and amenity packed.

Old 01-06-2011, 05:13 AM

1 posts, read 5,377 times
That place sucks; i lived there 2 years ; hated it ...........no view ,hosptal ambulance always going by ........very poor quality of residents , no class , drug addicts !!!

Old 01-06-2011, 06:17 AM

1,637 posts, read 1,643,053 times
Is true that ambulances always going by due to Imperial Point Hospital is right next to the living complex, but the area is very safe in general. I know the complex and I understand that some units do not have the city view that many people like to have, just to the pool and garden, but the area in general is very safe. Never heard of such "poor quality of residents, no class and drug addicts" in the
"Lauderdale One" building. The complex is pets friendly.

Old 05-08-2011, 06:18 AM

2 posts, read 10,281 times
Default Lauderdale One

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfsmithinmd View Post
I will be moving to Fort Lauderdale within the next month or so and have been looking on craigslist for rentals. I came across a rental at a building called Lauderdale One. The address is 2401 NE 65th Street. Does any one know if this is a safe area?
Hello,

I am a resident of Lauderdale One, and I can assure you that this is a safe area. The location is very good and convienent to beaches, downtown, Rt. 95, airport, and is right next door to one of the best Hospitals in the area.

I have owned my condo here for three years and I can tell you that it is a good, solid condo...financially sound with good amenities.

Moderator cut: please contact poster by direct message

Last edited by fauve; 05-10-2011 at 10:31 PM..

Old 05-08-2011, 06:42 AM

3,910 posts, read 9,466,972 times
Great location. Not familiar with the actual building, but I think I've passed by it in my car before. But the surrounding area is very good. Tons of shopping, restaurants, and you are only 5 minutes from the beach. Las Olas and downtown Fort Lauderdale are only 15 minutes south on US1. I-95 is only 1 mile west of there on NE 62nd Street a.k.a. Cypress Creek Road. There is a Publix 2 blocks north on US1. There is CVS and Walgreens 1 block north on US1.

I have no idea what the poster is talking about who said there are bums and addicts. I have never seen such types in that area. You see some riff raff every now and then, but they normally come from the city buses that run up and down US1. They don't live in that area. The nearest ghetto is at least 3-4 miles away.

Old 05-08-2011, 06:56 AM

264 posts, read 774,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by captsdonahue View Post
Hello,

I am a resident of Lauderdale One, and I can assure you that this is a safe area. The location is very good and convienent to beaches, downtown, Rt. 95, airport, and is right next door to one of the best Hospitals in the area.

I have owned my condo here for three years and I can tell you that it is a good, solid condo...financially sound with good amenities.

Moderator cut: remove previously deleted portion
Hi would you mind sharing information and pictures of your unit? How many bedrooms are there and what are the dates of availability? You can send a private message if you'd like...thanks

Last edited by fauve; 05-10-2011 at 10:32 PM..

Old 05-08-2011, 07:50 PM

2 posts, read 10,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfo.evo View Post
Hi would you mind sharing information and pictures of your unit? How many bedrooms are there and what are the dates of availability? You can send a private message if you'd like...thanks
Hi

PleaseModerator cut: please contact by direct message

Last edited by fauve; 05-10-2011 at 10:32 PM..

Old 12-31-2013, 01:11 PM

2 posts, read 4,344 times
I have heard that there is Chinese drywall in the building, which is being mitigated. Does anyone know when this process will be completed?

I've heard that the building has Chinese drywall but it is being mitigated. Anyone know how soon the mitigation process will be completed?

Old 01-02-2014, 10:02 AM

389 posts, read 662,130 times
Checked with a Realtor acquaintance of ours and he has been told drywall mitigation is expected to be done by mid-February.

That development is within walking distance of our home and would seem to be worth checking out if/when the drywall problem is worked out (it does, indeed, get a bit busy around the hospital, as it does around most urban residences, but it's a fine location otherwise, as other posters have pointed out). I've never heard that the residents were low-class and drug-addled (living close by, we'd have heard something if that were the case). In fact, the main problem over there in recent years was that it was built right at the end of the housing boom and priced accordingly, and the units weren't selling during the bust, so the place was somewhat empty for a long time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area