U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2009, 09:26 PM

1 posts, read 3,587 times

Advertisements

if you could please help my family with this info. we are two 30 year olds with a 3 month old from baltimore. we have no clue about the area. will be working on cypress creek rd. near champions pizza parlor area. thats the best i can tell you without giving to much personal info. our requirements are 3 bdrm. single house or town. 1300 month under. safe neighborhood. garage and or basement are desirable. job transfer has everything happening so fast, and its a great oppurtunity for us, but a bit worried about finding the right home for our family. any advice offered would be great. maybe you could reccommend 3 areas or subdivisions for us to look at. thank you very much
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2009, 09:48 PM

1 posts, read 3,579 times
Futureworks - Welcome to Sunny South Florida! To quickly answer one of your desires:

There are no basements in South Florida. If we dig that far down it floods - we = sea level! Unless you rent a pretty high-priced house, garages are non-existent as well, but not unheard of (like basements).

Perhaps you mean "Boulevard of champions" off Cypress Creek? That's smack dab in my neck of the woods - I've been here 10 years and have worked and driven a huge number of places and can not recall a champions pizza on cypress creek. Just so you aren't confused - Cypress Creek turns into McNab road out west. There is also an "old McNab Road" a block to the north, to confuse you further LOL.

1300 is pretty slim pickings. You can find apartments and condo's for about a thousand - 1100 for a 2/2 or a bit more for 3 BRs, houses will start around 1400-3000+ monthly, but anything is possible - my sister in law is renting a house in Sunrise for $800 - a decent 2/2 with a real fenced yard!

As for areas - Margate is nice (avoid Kimberly Drive), Coral Springs (stay away from riverside drive) is pretty rich, but quite desirable, Parkland is unobtainable if you are looking for $1300/month rentals. Sunrise is a bit run down but quite nice, as is Plantation - which is a bit higher end. I can't imagine you'd want to live in Fort Lauderdale Proper, but most places are very polar with terribly high prices near very bad neighborhoods.

Dania Beach is very very quaint and old, but rundown a bit and just like anywhere else - has it's "finest". quite far from anywhere near where you work.

Lauderdale Lakes/Lauderhill is mostly older folks and the neighborhood is slipping. North Lauderdale isn't the greatest but will do, Oakland park has seen better days, Pompano is very bad near 95/atlantic/hammondville.

Expect a few surprises, things are different down here.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or