Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2009, 02:00 PM

134 posts, read 399,402 times

Advertisements

I didn't get any responses to prior post about pompano beach so i am wondering why..

It is a midway point between 2 family members i have here and we may be considering there or the deerfield beach area is we are going to do the halfway point thing

I am reading about pompano and trhing to find out alli can...i did speakto a realtor about it yesterday and she said like anythng there are nice areas and not so nice...but i just found out a friend of my mom's lives there and she said where she lives is gorgeous (she has TONS of money) but that it's either very expensive and beautiful if you have money and if you don't, you will be living closer to the bad areas....and the beaches there have declined..very dirty, etc...but it's hard to go by her because she is so rich.....our versions of dirty and bad neighborhood could be different

anyway...any info on pompano beach would be really appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2009, 10:15 AM

324 posts, read 807,111 times
Anywhere east of US1 in pompano is very nice and quite affordable. I used to live on NE 18th street and loved the neighborhood. I am referring to the area east of US1 but west of the IC waterway. There are some decent neighborhoods west of US1 that are east of Dixie highway, but they border a bad area. I really think you need to visit Pompano and see for yourself. Peoples opinions of bad area's differ. I can assure you the bad area's of Pompano are very high crime and some of the most dangerous in the state of FL.

Old 09-14-2009, 12:54 PM

thx johnny..i totally agree i need to see the areas..but am too ill to get down to florida yet but need to start setting up services for myself close to where i will be living so it's a catch 22

i am also confused because i thought i was told to avoid east of US 1..unless i misunderstood them.

Don't want high crime for sure ;( Thx again for your input,...i was just wondering because alot of people make pompano beach out to be a bad area in general and tell me to stay away from it, period so....al,so...everyones opinions of bad areas ARE different..i do agree there...some of the people where i live consider my area "shady" because it is not in the most beautiful, new and expensive (and pretentious i might add) area of scottsdale, az but i would in no way consider my neighborhood shady or close to it...i KNOW bad areas..used to live in new york...worked in south bronx and worse.

Thanks

Old 09-14-2009, 03:10 PM

2,517 posts, read 11,048,150 times
Do yourself a favor and stay away from Pompano beach...its a DUMP unless you live in anything worth over 800K.

Old 09-14-2009, 04:07 PM

1,912 posts, read 3,223,416 times
I lived on the water in Pompano for many years and still visit my Mom. There is NOTHING dumpy about the beaches, the intracoastal and the shops and dining in Pompano Beach....go see for yourself!!!!! There are many beautiful waterfront condos, homes and rentals for under $800,000. Just go on Realtor....com and see for yourself! Good luck!

Old 09-14-2009, 04:23 PM

ooh didn'tmean to spark up a fight here...please don'tfight not worth it!! btw...i would be renting anyways.

Old 09-14-2009, 04:33 PM

1,912 posts, read 3,223,416 times
In this real estate market I think your best bet is to go on Realtor....com and search rentals. There are many beautiful homes and condos available for rent. People bought real estate for an investment and now that the market has dropped you can rent a quarter million dollar oceanfront condo for under $1500. Go!!!! LOL! See for yourself! Please come back and let us know what you think! GOOD LUCK!!!!

Old 09-14-2009, 04:37 PM

to be honest...i have been on realtor.com but have not foundtoo many rentals on there as opposed tosome rental listing sites or craigslist...relator.com i used a ton when i was looking for a house but when i go on to look at rentals they don't seem to have alot unless i am mistaken..will try again

Old 09-15-2009, 11:06 AM

East of US1 is very nice. Someone must have given you wrong advise it is West of US1 that you want to avoid. East of US1 is a very nice suburban area along the IC waterway.

Old 09-15-2009, 11:10 AM

The house that I rented in Pompano was through Buyrentfree. They had a very large amount of houses in the East Pompano/Lighthouse point area. Actually Lighthouse Point might be a good area for you to look. If anyone on here says Lighthouse Point is dumpy or unsafe than they are an idiot, and clearly have not spent much time in the area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area