Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2007, 08:10 AM

376 posts, read 1,866,704 times

Advertisements

My partner and I live up in East Boca because we did not want to buy back in 04 a small condo in some gay ghetto compund. East Boca has a smallish gay pop that is less "in your face". I cant believe what they are building in WM, like the condos right on the tracks by Dixie. Who would want to live right on a freight train track? Some developements, I guess are cool like the new lofts and such but seriously Ft Lauderdale's gay scene should of stayed off Las Olas, heading towards the beach. That's where the LGBT community shoudl live, not in WM..strange place!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2007, 11:34 AM

942 posts, read 1,392,133 times
I think there will be more and more gay people that will not be able to afford or for those that do live there to remain in the region because of cost.

Old 05-05-2007, 11:59 AM

Agreed! So Fla is becoming too expensive to be the "easy place" where anybody would just move to like 10 years ago.

Old 05-06-2007, 06:31 AM

59 posts, read 219,076 times
actually I am not available and havn,t been for 14 yrs! which leads me too my next 0bservation we have been here for 6 years and its been difficult making friends but on the bright side we have a drama free life lol

Old 05-06-2007, 12:07 PM

We think it is hard to make friends here in So. FLA too! Part of the problem may be me and my partner. We have made some friends but I find people here so materialistic and status conscious. No substance. Nobody is interested in anything but money, real estate and bars/clubs and that's it!

Old 05-06-2007, 04:44 PM

59 posts, read 219,076 times
what part of south fl are you in urban

Old 05-06-2007, 09:05 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,745,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbandeco View Post
We think it is hard to make friends here in So. FLA too! Part of the problem may be me and my partner. We have made some friends but I find people here so materialistic and status conscious. No substance. Nobody is interested in anything but money, real estate and bars/clubs and that's it!

Ain't that the truth! I want to go somewhere that people's lives aren't governed by how much "their" property is worth.

Old 05-23-2007, 04:57 PM

5 posts, read 4,929 times
I currently live in Miami and am now moving to FLL. I am going to live in the Wilton Manors area. I think it's cool to live in a area where you can be yourself and be part of a gay community that is actually very nice. It's actually a very nice and tranquil community compared to W Hollywood or Chelsea in NY. It has a small town feel and you feel like you are part of a real community versus a party town like South Beach. According to statistics I read, the gay community is growing by leaps and bounds in the FLL. FLL/Wilton Manors area is now the 2nd largest gay community outside of W Hollywood. And of course, the more gay people move in the more Fab the area becomes.

Old 05-23-2007, 05:19 PM

5 posts, read 4,929 times
Moderator cut: personal/off topic

That's what make's Wilton Manors special. It's not your typical,stereo-typical, Urban gay community. It's actually a great community to live in.

Old 05-24-2007, 10:00 PM

942 posts, read 1,392,133 times
Take a look in this country where all the gay meccas are, communties they live in, whatever, One trait is quickly noticeable, they are or become very expensive areas very quickly. Im sure there are some areas we don't hear much about that are not, but mainly that seems to be the way it is. Even Asheville NC, look how fast that has become way overpriced now. I think many gay people would be priced out of Wilton Manor, Lauderdale or whereever in most of Florida, at least areas where we would be most comfortable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area