U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2009, 04:08 PM

2,517 posts, read 10,267,130 times

Advertisements

One of my dogs is sneezing at times and has an obvious pitched noise every time he breathes out. I think he may have a nasal growth of some kind partially blocking his nasal passage. I heard this is common in dogs. Have not found a vet in the area. I don't like vets in general, they have a bad reputation as far as I see it, always trying to swindle money out of people. Is there a very reasonably priced Vet in the Weston, Davie, Plantation area ? I need to make an appointment soon for the poor little fella.

Thanks
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2009, 05:11 PM

13,745 posts, read 22,570,413 times
I'm not sure any vet will be inexpensive, but I have only heard good things about the honesty of Balasky Animal Hospital, with Dr. Balasky. 954-424-7038

Old 10-09-2009, 07:40 PM

11,642 posts, read 21,608,551 times
We use Weston Animal Hospital. I love Dr. Deane.

Weston Animal Hospital

There are no inexpensive vets.

Old 10-10-2009, 08:29 AM

Thanks for the responses, I will look into them both

Old 10-10-2009, 09:20 PM

2,955 posts, read 12,558,196 times
I second Balasky who we went to for years. We changed acouple of years ago to the vet next door to our office who we are very happy with - Central Broward Animal on 70th ave in Plantation. Two main reasons for switching were convenience and I could board my pet there.

Old 10-11-2009, 01:02 PM

157 posts, read 448,254 times
Dr. Ferbers animal hospital. A really nice and competent guy. He never does anything unnecessary and his prices are fair and reasonable. I have been going to him for 25 years for all my dogs/ I highly recommend him.
17189 Pines Blvd, P.P. (954)431-7979

Old 10-11-2009, 05:25 PM

141 posts, read 369,267 times
Another strong recommendation for Dr. Ferber.
I have been using him for the standard injections, well-dog care for the past ten years until yesterday morning when my Lhasa Apso decided that a taste of a Bufo toad might be a good start to breakfast. Within 15 minutes he went from coughing up yellow colored spit through convulsions. With a neighbors help I got him to Dr. Ferber's.
The office came to a complete stand still when they saw the condition of the dog (he was comatose at this point). Someone grabbed him and raced him to the back where they started IV's. He eventually received 4 IVs of different medications (there is no antidote to the toad toxin, symptoms are treated individually).
After a half hour Dr. Ferber came out to tell me he had a 30% chance of making it and I could call every hour for an update. Each time I called the person who answered went back for the latest news and, more importantly, each time the odds were a little better. Finally mid-afternoon they told me I could come pick him up. He would be groggy and would sleep. He was and he did. Still doing it as a matter fact.
Bottom line - the attention and care the dog got from the minute I raced in with him (no time to call ahead) was awesome. I received a detailed list of each of the IVs and injections that were administered. The price for saving his life was more than reasonable. Frankly at that point I was not about to quibble if it had not been.
We have now used Dr. Ferber for routine care and for emergency services.
Obviously we highly recommend him.

Old 10-12-2009, 05:14 PM

Thanks everyone. Dr.Ferber is too far from me. Going to make an appointment with Balasky

Old 10-13-2009, 04:26 PM

351 posts, read 1,025,372 times
It's not super close to you, but Hollywood Animal Hospital has a great reputation and I've been pleased with the doctors there. Dr. Dee especially, but they all seem super nice and well trained. Their prices always seemed reasonable to me.

Old 11-04-2009, 07:17 PM

1 posts, read 4,457 times
I go to Central Broward Animal Hospital in Plantation. Several of my friends go there and are very happy. The doctors are really nice and honest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area