Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2010, 01:54 PM

3 posts, read 6,974 times

Advertisements

Can anyone tell me what the area is like? The address is 2145 Pierce Street in Hollywood Florida and I would like to know your thoughts on the condo itself, the area in general and if it is considered a safe area.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2010, 06:15 PM

443 posts, read 895,621 times
It's not the greatest area but there are worse ones in Hollywood. The condo is about half a block west of the railroad track so you'll hear trains and their horns at all hours. There's a new elementary school on Pierce St. and 24th so there will be a considerable amount of traffic on Pierce with parents dropping off/picking up kids. There's a charter school across the street, too, adding to the traffic.

There used to be a lot of snowbirds living in that condo complex but I don't know if that's still the case.

Old 09-27-2010, 06:35 PM

Thanks for the reply Vigo. A couple more questions if you don't mind.

Would it be safe to walk to the beach from there?

Also is that area be deemed industrial?

Would a BMW be safe in the parking area?

I am looking at Google Streetscape so it's hard to get an idea.

Thanks.

Old 09-27-2010, 08:41 PM

159 posts, read 558,798 times
Your not gonna walk to the beach from there.

Its pretty industrial, overall it's not the best part of Hollywood.

Is it safe? Depends who you ask...

Old 09-28-2010, 11:25 AM

443 posts, read 895,621 times
It's probably 4 miles to the beach from there. I wouldn't say it's unsafe during daylight hours but it's a mighty long walk!

It's what I would consider light industrial and commercial on Dixie Highway and across the tracks on 21st Ave.

I can't say whether the BMW would be safe there. There are car thefts and vandalism all over the place down here but it's a crapshoot as to whether any particular car would be targeted.

Not sure what you're looking for in a condo, but that building is pretty old and is not too nice. The area is declining so your property value isn't going to increase much, if at all. Personally, I wouldn't advise anyone to live there but that's just me.

Old 09-28-2010, 04:57 PM

That's exactly what I needed to know. Thanks very much to the both of you for the kind response.

Old 10-03-2010, 03:17 PM

36 posts, read 221,018 times
Default condo

It wil lose value as soon as you give your down payment.

Old 11-12-2010, 07:37 PM

2 posts, read 3,247 times
That area is not TOO bad, but I wouldn't want to live there. I have a condo for rent in Dania Beach just a little north of that area. It is a much safer area and very nice.

Old 11-13-2010, 04:20 PM

1,640 posts, read 1,644,216 times
Vigo is absolutely right. I know the area and in my case I would not leave a luxury car overnight in the open parking lot of an apartment building few steps west of the tracks in that section of Hollywood, FL.
The area is not safe 100% late night but is not either the worse neighborhood in Hollywood.

Old 06-15-2011, 06:50 AM

26 posts, read 74,056 times
Default Also looking at a condo, on Jefferson Street

I am about to bid on a condo at the Sun Haven Towers, 1720 Jefferson Street. I almost purchased a house on Fillmore and backed out when I researched the comps and realized it was not a wise investment due to still declining property values in the area. A few posters on this site also commented that it was not a good area and I am grateful for their advice. Please, if anyone knows the complex I am thinking of buying into now, let me know what you think of the area. The street seems nice and I like the proximity to downtown and the beach, but I really don't know much else. I will look forward to any comments and thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area