Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2009, 06:23 PM

2 posts, read 8,279 times

Advertisements

My girlfriend is going to be attending FAU's Boca Raton campus at the beginning of next summer and being the devoted boyfriend that I am I'll be accompanying her. She wants to live close to Boca for school but I would like to be closer to the Ft. Lauderdale/Miami area for working purposes. So we're looking for a place to live in between Boca and Lauderdale. We're in our mid-20's, outgoing and are probably going to be settling in this area for at least the next 3 years. Our main points of interest are probably the safety of the area, things to do for fun (bars, malls, commute to the beach, parks, music venues), the people in the area, etc. Any suggestions on places to check out would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Nick
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2009, 08:07 PM

2 posts, read 8,279 times
The lack of responses is leading me to believe that no one has yet to inhabit the area between Boca Raton and Ft. Lauderdale.

Old 10-24-2009, 08:36 AM

324 posts, read 807,525 times
Coconut Creek sounds like it would be a good area for you. Its located just south of central and west Boca. Without having to go all the way west to Coral springs.

Old 10-24-2009, 12:14 PM

13 posts, read 14,742 times
BincoI studied at FIU. I'd say a place near Las Olas.

Old 10-28-2009, 06:36 AM

3,199 posts, read 7,827,529 times
Have you been to east Boca? I know you want to be near Ft Lauderdale but I have heard it is nice in East Boca for young people. There are a lot of shops,restaurants,the ocean. You can also go to West Palm and Ft Lauderdale is not so far for a night out. What about Deerfield beach as well?

Old 10-31-2009, 08:40 AM

11,642 posts, read 23,909,503 times
Boca and Fort Lauderdale are not that far apart. Many many people live in one and work in the other. Coconut Creek is the only town between them that I can recommend. I would avoid Pompano and Deerfield.

Old 11-02-2009, 11:19 AM

3,910 posts, read 9,471,842 times
binco>

I would live in one or the other. Not in between. The areas "in-between" are kind of sketchy. Pompano Beach has some shady areas. Deerfield is an older crowd. Coconut Creek is nice, but you may as will be in Boca because they are about the same distance/travel time to Fort Lauderdale. If you wanna live closer to Fort Lauderdale, consider living on the beach. Lauderdale-By-The-Sea is a great community that is across the bridge from Pompano Beach. That is about halfway between Fort Lauderdale and Boca.

Also, if you chose Boca, it is a very ritzy/snobby type of area. People there have money and you will find that all of the stores are high-end luxury type places. Not sure if that is your thing.

Old 11-03-2009, 03:05 PM

1,912 posts, read 3,225,091 times
Imo after living in fl for many years I loved living east, on the water. I lived in Pompano and loved it. It's less expensive and less snobby, imo than Boca and very convenient to everyplace. Today there are great deals to rent or buy, living on the water to me was what Fl was all about! Good luck! Also, tons of great restaurants and beachfront and intracoastal places to hang out!

Old 11-04-2009, 09:45 AM

7,937 posts, read 20,381,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveLoveLaugh View Post
Imo after living in fl for many years I loved living east, on the water. I lived in Pompano and loved it. It's less expensive and less snobby, imo than Boca and very convenient to everyplace. Today there are great deals to rent or buy, living on the water to me was what Fl was all about! Good luck! Also, tons of great restaurants and beachfront and intracoastal places to hang out!
When we retire that is where we want to be on the Water..I agree only way to live here in South Florida

Old 11-04-2009, 06:22 PM

1,912 posts, read 3,225,091 times
Lol, Berryjuice....now that I am retired I am loving mountain life!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area