Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2009, 05:52 PM

16 posts, read 38,798 times

Advertisements

I just bought a foreclosure property in West Sunrise Welleby.
I don't know if its connected to but I just filed for Homestead on the place and got this Real Estate Sales Verification Survey from Broward Property appraisers office asking me questions like.

In your opinion does the sale price reflect the true market value ?
How to answer that If i answer yes will they hold me to it will it affect my taxes ?

Were there any special conditions affecting the sales price ? Like foreclosure or short sale

Then they asking me for a copy of the HUD settlement Statement if available
Should i give them a copy of it ?

Looking for anyone familiar with the process don't want to do anything that could affect my property taxes making them any higher
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2009, 08:00 PM

3,043 posts, read 7,707,314 times
I didnt know what to make of this either. I'll be curious to see if you get any responses.

Old 11-05-2009, 06:45 AM

44 posts, read 155,949 times
The first question - they are asking for your opinion; they know what its worth.

On # 2 - all they need to do is check the deed which is actually on the county appraiser's website.

I wouldn't send them the HUD. All they need to know is the purchase price which can be found from the deed.

Old 11-05-2009, 08:59 PM

154 posts, read 552,352 times
I received this too and I found this to be highly inefficient by the Broward County Appraisers Office.

First of all, they could have done this online with a survey from us. Very easy. They could have given us a special access code in which to enter in order to start the survey.

Second of all, the Warrenty Deed is found ON THE APPRAISERS WEBSITE. Now why would BCPA be asking you for something in which they have access too on their website? I just printed a copy from the website and submitted it via snail mail with my survey.

So tedious! And what does it all mean? I'm sure BCPA is trying to figure it all out themselves.

Old 11-19-2012, 08:01 AM

1 posts, read 8,362 times
I got this too from palm beach county appraiser. The answers you give will help determine how much your property taxes are. I think the series of questions is going to be used to back into your assessed value. Does anyone have any insights into how I should answer..Dont want to shoot myself in the foot!

Questions were:
Type of sale (Distressed, Estate, Relocation, Short Sale)
Purchase was financed by: FHA, Bank, Seller Financing
Was properly listed on MLS?
Appropriate amount of marketing time (3,6,9 Months)
Date of sales contract signed by Buyer/Seller:
Did sale price include: seller credits, personal property, golf or club membership.
Condition of property at time of sale: Poor, Fair, Average, Good, Excellent
Was apartment updated or renovated at time of sale?

Old 11-24-2012, 05:46 PM

157 posts, read 332,566 times
The answer is: DON'T ANSWER! The survey is completely voluntary, not mandatory. Why would one give ANY gov't agency information on your financial matters?!? My survey went straight to the shredder.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area