U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 09:31 AM

14 posts, read 56,691 times

Advertisements

both horrid commutes to miami i knw, but which would you live in given the choice? thanks
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2007, 09:35 AM

1,336 posts, read 4,568,087 times
Parkland, no question. although the commute to miami is almost undoable from parkalnd. weston has become very very congested. parkland has much more open space, nature, and beautiful huge new homes by the parkland golf and country club for 5-10 million bucks...

Old 05-14-2007, 09:44 AM

9,324 posts, read 24,579,041 times
If those are the only choices I suggest you find a state with more opportunity than Florida. If you have to commute to Miami why not go for a nice looking area like Coral Gables?

Old 05-14-2007, 10:13 AM

choice is not an option ,and if a nice-looking area was the only consideration, that would be great but i have to look at public schools so where would you send your kids?

Old 05-14-2007, 10:44 AM

284 posts, read 1,015,128 times
Pinecrest has the best schools. That is where we will be staying and my daughter will be attendinng Palmetto senior high. which is an A school

Old 05-14-2007, 12:05 PM

2,952 posts, read 12,500,544 times
BobbiJ - I live in Weston with friends in Parkland. Most of Weston (or so it seems) commutes to Miami. It's not a wonderful commute, but it's doable. We have good schools, shopping, hospital, etc. Parkland is a wonderful area, but the commute to Miami is just horrible.

Old 05-14-2007, 12:19 PM

thank you.....we will look into weston.

Old 05-14-2007, 01:18 PM

113 posts, read 444,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by induhvidual View Post
Pinecrest has the best schools. That is where we will be staying and my daughter will be attendinng Palmetto senior high. which is an A school
I couldn't find any stats on Plametto High, but in general the Miami-Dade Public School system is a joke.

Miami-Dade public schools are notorious for scandals and corruption

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miami-D...and_corruption

And the overall High School Graduation rate for Miami-Dade County is a DISMAL 45%!

http://www.usatoday.com/news/educati...ut-rates_x.htm

If you can afford to live in Weston or Parkland, and want the best schools for your kids, I definitely look into the private shools available in Dade/Broward.

Old 05-14-2007, 02:11 PM

1,770 posts, read 7,679,818 times
Don't trust school grades all the time, there was a school in Palm Beach County that was supposed to be an "F" school but somehow it got a "B" rating... hmm wonder how that happened *rolls eyes*

Old 05-14-2007, 02:24 PM

284 posts, read 1,015,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unixpilot View Post
I couldn't find any stats on Plametto High, but in general the Miami-Dade Public School system is a joke.

Miami-Dade public schools are notorious for scandals and corruption

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miami-D...and_corruption

And the overall High School Graduation rate for Miami-Dade County is a DISMAL 45%!

http://www.usatoday.com/news/educati...ut-rates_x.htm

If you can afford to live in Weston or Parkland, and want the best schools for your kids, I definitely look into the private shools available in Dade/Broward.
Miami Palmetto senior is a very well known and sought after school.
It has been rated an A for several consecutive years (save one)
There are also many (favorable) reviews on bestschools.net

I too was thinking of staying in Weston so that my daughter could attend Cypress Bay senior and was not looking forward to the commute at all.

When we found out about Palmetto, that pretty much sealed the deal.
The only disadvantage is finding a place to live within that school boundary was not easy. I printed a copy of the school boundary and with the help of a realtor and some patience, finally found a place
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area