Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2015, 09:00 AM

100 posts, read 103,488 times

Advertisements

After my third visit there, I just signed a contract for a two bedroom condo at Wynmoor in Coconut Creek. Yes, Wynmoor's population is predominately 70+, but I did see a good number of the under 60 crowd. Their impressively large number of clubs includes a Baby Boomer Club! I'm 58 and very active and social. I don't think I'll feel out of place there.

My modes of transportation are walking and driving. I'm not a big fan of driving, so I would rather be centrally located in a place where I can walk to the maximum number of diversions. I don't think Wynmoor can be beat in that respect.

Looking over the above posts on this thread, "miserable old folks" can be found anywhere. I didn't see them at Wynmoor. I saw lots of people having the time of their life swimming, golfing, playing tennis, pickleball, pool, cards, Mah Jongg, Scrabble, making wood crafts, ceramics, stone sculpting, painting, stained glass, attending lectures, workshops, shows, discussion groups, exercising, hanging out in the library and the on-site restaurant. On and on. As for the size of the apartments, I saw about ten of them with a variety of sizes. Some are small, some are large. Some are medium.

If you're like me and want an affordable, attractive retirement community with more activities than you could ever imagine, with a great location (right near the Florida Turnpike equidistant to Boca Raton and Ft Lauderdale), Wynmoor's the place. Plus...Broward College, the Coconut Creek Community Center, Publix, a martial arts studio, a coffee and bagel shop and a dance studio are all within walking distance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2015, 07:13 AM

1 posts, read 2,540 times
looking for a 2/2 unfurnished apartment for rent in Wynmoore - $1,000 - $1500. Looking to move in October 2015. Any suggestions?

Old 09-05-2019, 07:56 PM

6 posts, read 7,488 times
Default Wynmoor Woes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fl0ppy242 View Post
Hi,
We are looking at purchasing a condo in Wynmoor Village in Coconut Creek. Can anyone give me their opinions on this place? Thanks

Wynmoor looks great and has many amenities but be VERY careful. As nice as all the amenities are you are locked into paying a very high maintenance fee that gets raised yearly and you never know where your money ends up. I've lived here for 10 + years and witnessed questionable actions by our board.

There are assessments put on owners when there should be money in the budget. Funds are moved around and are done so quickly that you don't have time to question or fight it. If you don't care where your money goes or how it's spent yes, indeed move there. If you rent, you have no say in anything that happens in your village. You have to be present with your guests at all times. If you golf or go to the movies you're getting a good deal. Golf course, movie theatre, and council fees are the biggest cost of our maintenance. Restructuring, rebuilding and project are not well thought out or planned thus creating constant budget changes and tons of disruptions. Movies can be very noisy although very cheap! Some villages are run differently but overall there are many changes that may or may not benefit owners/renters.

Owners, If you care about your money and your home you will need to attend EVERY meeting to keep up with all the changes!! Some villages have great directors, others never return your calls and can make your life miserable. Some neighbors are not happy without creating drama; other's are the best!
I've read other reviews where people state they feel like prisoners; not what we should feel in an elderly community.

Again, based on my village, you have to ask a million times for something to be fixed. The council/directors are constantly sending people into your home for numerous things on a very short notice: Insurance claims (which never make it to the homeowners), attics, termites that should have been terminated but were allowed to fester until they reach your apartment, then it's on you, 3 different bug companies came in one year, alarms, cable, phones, fire alarms that never worked. There are constant interruptions for things that aren't even needed. Trees being removed and not replaced, the list goes on. Other than this it's a nice place, not real quiet, but nice.

Old 09-05-2019, 08:28 PM

Default So true!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Authentic View Post
Most of the old folks are busy asking too many personal questions. Start asking them personal questions and they'll leave you alone...maybe. Some of the residents assume people of color are "the help" or someone's companion/aid.

Yes, they have treated persons of color differently; I witnessed this myself! and yes, you can be under 55 to live here. There is a quota that allows under 55. Hopefully some attorneys and financial advisors will move to keep them in line and our costs down!!!

Old 09-05-2019, 09:15 PM

Default Did you move to Wynmoor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fl0ppy242 View Post
Hi,
We are looking at purchasing a condo in Wynmoor Village in Coconut Creek. Can anyone give me their opinions on this place? Thanks

Just curious if you ended up moving into Wynmoor? Do you like it? Were any of the reviews spot on?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area