Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2010, 10:57 PM

2 posts, read 3,229 times

Advertisements

My finace is being transfered to Sunrise from Tampa next month and we were hoping you could help recommned a good area for us to find a rental. We're both 29, no kids, 1 dog.

We'd LOVE to be ON the beach, but not sure how feasable that is with a $1200/mo budget. We're looking for a nice, upscale, safe area within a 30 minute commute to Sunrise (the shorter, the better). He is Mr. Social and loves to be out at clubs, loves to golf, loves boating etc. I am Miss Homebody and feel more comfortable in a place where you don't have to be a millionaire to "fit in" -- with shopping and restaurants close by. So, I'm thinking we could take one of two routes:

1. Rent a home with a pool on a canal, in a nice, residential area that is self-contained, with a decent commute to Sunrise.

OR

2. Rent a condo on the beach / near beach / in an entertainment district that has an easy commute to Sunrise and some decent local restaurants, a grocery store and maybe a club or two near-by. Someone recommended Las Olas???

Looking for your recommendations and opinions! THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR RECOMMENDATIONS!!! The more info we collect, the better. THANKS!

Last edited by hermagesty; 01-04-2010 at 11:25 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2010, 08:15 AM

2,976 posts, read 13,374,223 times
First, perform a search on this forum as it has considerable information pertaining to your inquiry. Second, take a look at realtor.com for rentals in the area you are seeking.

Check these out and see if it fits your budget and tastes:
Fort Lauderdale, FL, Real Estate Listings and Fort Lauderdale Rentals for Rent - REALTOR.com®

Old 01-05-2010, 09:35 AM

2 posts, read 3,229 times
Default Thanks

Hi Jhlcomp -- thanks for your advice. I spent all last night searching this forum and found Las Olas ... but without the opportunity to see the area before we move, I was hoping some people could "sound off" and put their two cents in. I didn't find any posts that suggested affordable/safe beach areas or a place with a good mix for a Mr. Social and and Ms. Homebody. Also, only locals know about traffic/commutes ... so any adivce there would be GREAT! He has to go to Sunrise.

I'd love to hear opinions/advice ... this area is somewhat intimidating because it's so big! Thanks again!

Old 01-05-2010, 09:46 AM

2,764 posts, read 6,766,181 times
Her, I'm a little confused. Initially, you ask for an upscale area, but then you say you don't want a million dollar area. Do you mean you want a safe nice area? I think Cooper City may be nice for you - parts of Ft. Lauderdale are gorgeous and you can find something in that price range. I don't know that you will find something on the beach for that price and you definitely will not get a whole house with a pool for that. I have been researching this myself so, if you find something that cheap, please do share LOL. Good luck.

Old 01-05-2010, 09:48 AM

8,377 posts, read 30,903,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hermagesty View Post
Hi Jhlcomp -- thanks for your advice. I spent all last night searching this forum and found Las Olas ... but without the opportunity to see the area before we move, I was hoping some people could "sound off" and put their two cents in. I didn't find any posts that suggested affordable/safe beach areas or a place with a good mix for a Mr. Social and and Ms. Homebody. Also, only locals know about traffic/commutes ... so any adivce there would be GREAT! He has to go to Sunrise.

I'd love to hear opinions/advice ... this area is somewhat intimidating because it's so big! Thanks again!
Is a one bedroom ok?

Old 01-05-2010, 10:21 AM

2,764 posts, read 6,766,181 times
Duh - I wasn't even thinking 1 bedroom apt. - sorry it is the mom in me always thinking 2+. She should have a lot more luck with that then. Right Compelled?

Old 01-05-2010, 10:29 AM

392 posts, read 1,261,440 times
You mentioned a dog..... but didn't state the size.... That could cut out alot of condo / apt. rentals depending on the size and if they even allow pets.

Old 01-05-2010, 06:08 PM

19 posts, read 50,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hermagesty View Post
My finace
this is a nice Freudian sleep ...

You should be thinking more in the $2000 range if you want to get what you are asking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area