Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 10:40 AM

99 posts, read 304,155 times

Advertisements

What is the state of SoFla real estate from your point of view? Are you looking to sell, buy, and why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2010, 09:24 AM

157 posts, read 487,718 times
Looking to sell. Retired. We`d like to down size and live a slower pace. If the the location of your home is in a desirable area and their is one honest owner with no liens and free and clear title, I think it will sell.

Old 01-13-2010, 08:53 PM

99 posts, read 304,155 times
Many areas in Broward are showing signs of settling, with low inventory numbers, and none of the pricing gouging that went on last year at this time. If you have owned your home for some time, you can benefit from the tax-portability benefit when purchasing another home. Additional benefits for a home seller - the new and improved tax credits - to benefit, a buyer needs to be under contract by April 30. So, between now and then, sales will be up, and you are right Harttogo, if you are free and clear and not hung up in a short sale, you will sell. The key is, price. Do your homework or have a Realtor do it, and know what homes are selling for in your neighborhood.
Before I forget, there is also a benefit (tax-credit) for those who are selling their home, and buying another, IF you have owned your home for a min. timeframe. I do not have the details in front of me, but if any one is interested, let me know and I will post them.

Old 01-15-2010, 07:37 PM

19 posts, read 50,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AttilaLaczko View Post
The key is, price. Do your homework or have a Realtor do it, and know what homes are selling for in your neighborhood.
Right on AttilaLaczko... price is all and there is a right price. Not the time for sentimental value or looking to at least break even if you own way more than the value of the homes that are selling for in your neighborhood.

Old 01-17-2010, 01:07 PM

21,353 posts, read 8,450,251 times
I will be listing my home in Dania off Griffin by the power plant on a quiet side canal in about two weeks. Just finishing up the rehab and clean up. Not looking to be obver-priced, but rather realistic in this market. This house sits on a dbl lot with in ground pool, screened in lanai, 80 foot dock, boat lift, brand new kitchen and upgrades and rehabs thru-out. I know - missed the market edge, but that's life. Two car garage, a workroom the size of the dbl. garage, 2 outbuildings, private, waterfront faces a protected mangrove patch, so private w/ abundant birding, etc. My question would be, if priced accurately, what would be a reasonable timeframe to attract a sale? TIA!!! Oh..... 4 bedrooms, 4 baths.... 2 of these are master suites. Thx again!

Old 01-17-2010, 05:59 PM

3,848 posts, read 9,323,192 times
Looking to buy in the spring of next year.

Old 01-21-2010, 05:01 AM

19 posts, read 50,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastalMaine View Post
if priced accurately, what would be a reasonable timeframe to attract a sale? TIA!!! Oh..... 4 bedrooms, 4 baths.... 2 of these are master suites. Thx again!
I am following this market closely since I intend to buy in the next 6 months. Price right is what I still don't see in FL very often. Being sentimental value or debt most properties are still off the economic reality.

Old 01-21-2010, 07:51 AM

21,353 posts, read 8,450,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rereis View Post
I am following this market closely since I intend to buy in the next 6 months. Price right is what I still don't see in FL very often. Being sentimental value or debt most properties are still off the economic reality.

Interesting! Thanks for your thoughts. This neighborhood has six waterfront homes on the market currently. I am the biggest house on a double lot. IMO, the others are all priced correctly for this market as mine will be. Older neighnorhood, very well cared for homes, and a private community. No one is looking to get rich, they're also just ready to move on. Are you looking for waterfront property? If so, DM me and I'll tell you the area of these homes so you can do a drive thru when you're ready to buy.

Old 01-21-2010, 11:21 AM

1,086 posts, read 3,360,379 times
Looking to buy when real estate takes another hit in a year or so, especially when the Obama housing credit goes away.

Old 01-21-2010, 06:22 PM
fwi

56 posts, read 156,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eger View Post
Looking to buy when real estate takes another hit in a year or so, especially when the Obama housing credit goes away.
Or maybe Obama will go away, or at least be made a capon (lame duck) then the housing market will recover very quickly!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area