Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 01:35 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,832,698 times

Advertisements

[quote=housingcrashsurvivor;12955284]So the claws can come out, huh? And you don't think others see you as being catty in your opinion & behavior in expressing it? I dont know. I have received several rep points for my views on this, so perhaps I am just more willing to express.

By your perception I guess in your mind it "reasonably" follows that you assume that they don't "act gay" when they are only among gays? They only "act gay" when they are around the likes of you. I do think that many of them "act out" in attempt to gain attention, yes.

Because when they are not around str8 people, just who do you suppose they are, in your words, daring or showing off for? Your logic is flawed and your perception is paranoid. Please study your own self to determine why you get so annoyed instead of blaming others for your feelings. I'm not blaming anyone for how I feel about it. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, you're on one side of the spectrum, so what?

The more you take responsibility for your self, the less you will judge others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2010, 01:58 PM

1,500 posts, read 3,314,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComSense View Post
I dont know. I have received several rep points for my views on this, so perhaps I am just more willing to express.

I do think that many of them "act out" in attempt to gain attention, yes.

I'm not blaming anyone for how I feel about it. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, you're on one side of the spectrum, so what?
But my side of the spectrum takes responsibility for how we feel and think. We have our own minds. We may have arrived at similar conclusion, but we do not think by concensus.

On the other hand and regardless of your level of denial (and yours really isn't all that bad or I wouldn't even bother to comment), not only do you blame others for how you feel, which we know because you have told us that what you perceive as them acting out annoys you (for if you didn't perceive it as acting out, then why would it annoy you? And if your criteria on what is real is that someone agrees with your perception then how do you rationalize that there are those for whom such behavior does not annoy), but also you credit others for how you feel, which we know because you just told us you think you are right as others have agreed with you.

In both cases, you are not standing on your own. So in this, you haven't a leg to stand on. Again, I would simply suggest in all good intention that you take a seat and reevaluate why you feel what you feel, whether or not it is true that some people are acting out instead of just being themselves.

Old 02-18-2010, 03:46 PM

3,043 posts, read 7,679,757 times
Quote:
On the other hand and regardless of your level of denial (and yours really isn't all that bad or I wouldn't even bother to comment), not only do you blame others for how you feel, which we know because you have told us that what you perceive as them acting out annoys you (for if you didn't perceive it as acting out, then why would it annoy you? And if your criteria on what is real is that someone agrees with your perception then how do you rationalize that there are those for whom such behavior does not annoy), but also you credit others for how you feel, which we know because you just told us you think you are right as others have agreed with you.
This is very insightful. Group think is certainly a pervasive rationalization for hateful thinking - of all sorts - from Nazi-ism to run-of-the-mill bullying.

Old 02-22-2010, 08:44 AM

4 posts, read 5,288 times
Quite possibly because there's no need to.

Old 02-25-2010, 12:42 PM

1,086 posts, read 3,348,708 times
I must say Fauve, I applaud you for letting this thread run. Most other forums would have killed it after the first page, some forums seem like they are moderated like Nazi's.

Old 02-25-2010, 01:03 PM

3,043 posts, read 7,679,757 times
lol, Ive had my share of complaints - but thanks, eger.

This happens to be a great board to moderate. Everyone is pretty civil and makes an effort to find common ground. The politics and religion boards however are NOT. So, I just stay around here for the most part and soak up the sun

Old 02-25-2010, 01:33 PM

5 posts, read 21,986 times
Dog, gay ahhhhh!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area