Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: WOULD YOU LIKE TO BOYCOTT WESTON GAS STATIONS?
YES 7 77.78%
NO 2 22.22%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 01:22 PM

15 posts, read 74,635 times

Advertisements

One think that always call my attention is why people fill the tank in the Weston's gas stations? The price it is always at least 17 to 20 cents more expensive per gallon, than the gas stations outside Weston. Even in the Keys its cheaper than is in Weston. I know you'll tell that they are taxed higher and all that crap. I dont take it. It outreage me to watch how the soccer moms with fat asses and gas guzzler fill the tank in Shell at indian trace and saddle club. LETS BOYCOTT WESTON's GAS STATIONS. DONT BUY GASOLINE FROM THEM!

If you travel outside Weston, lets say to sunrise, pembroke, copper city, plantation, fort lauderdale or even miami you have plenty opportunities to fill the tank and save around $ 3 . I think that if we make the effort wisely, the stations owner will have to drop down the price to normal standars. If the taxes are the problem, then they will have to talk to Mr Hersh and the gang to fix the problem. LETS DO IT I know this will work!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2007, 02:07 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,890,555 times
OH MY GOD I KNOW!!!!!! Just filling your gas tank in the small sliver of Sunrise that is off of Weston Rd saves you 10 cents!!!

Old 05-31-2007, 09:17 PM

Arrow Gas Boycott

As you said 10 cents a gallon will make $ 2 a tank will make 4 a week and $16 a month, which makes around $180 annual, JUST FOR FILLING OUT OUTSIDE THIS EXPENSIVE CITY!!!

Last edited by Yac; 06-03-2007 at 07:15 AM.. Reason: offensive part removed

Old 06-01-2007, 11:04 AM

2,976 posts, read 13,370,020 times
I never buy gas in Weston unless I am running on fumes. I have yet to understand why we have to pay an additional premium of 10 cents p/g or more!! What is that!

Old 06-01-2007, 01:40 PM

1,770 posts, read 8,245,857 times
The reason why it costs more is because idiots will pay more. Vote with your wallets if you would like to see a change! I don't live in Weston but I'm just saying.

Old 06-02-2007, 11:30 AM

that is vote with the wallets!

Old 06-08-2007, 08:07 AM

Come on guys! Gasoline is an issue that everyboy here should be interested in!

Old 06-08-2007, 08:28 AM

13 posts, read 35,189 times
I agree...gasoline is an issue everyone should be interested in. but honestly i think the answer is using natural resources wisely. Sell the huge truck that gets 15mpg and get something smarter. if you have more than 2 kids, then atleast consider a more economocal minivan or something. Gas prices are only going to go higher as the supply diminishes. If you insist on driving a gass guzzling vehicle, then your going to have to pay the price for it....ofcourse there are those that haul stuff as part of a job and need a truck to do it but im sure 90% of trucks out there could be replaced by something smaller and more effecient.

sorry for the political rant and thread hijack....take offense if you want but thats the situation we are in right now. We are paying more for gasoline now...adapt to that fact...

Old 06-08-2007, 11:29 AM

I respect your opinion. I agree that small cars/trucks and more efficiency comsuption is the key to save this world and I dont think making these opinions is political. Everybody should be concern about this point.

On the other hand. Honestly I dont believe that refineries, gas guzzlers and light bulbs are the reason why gas went up.
I think that this goverment sell out this bull s*** to us. It is courious how gas went down last year during elections season. Come on! Seems like no refinery problems were at the time.....

Old 06-12-2007, 07:25 PM

Default Just What I Though...

Nobody cares about gas prices. We deserve $ 5 or 6 a gallon. May be at that point somebody will cry out. We are not a rich country but a country of rich people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area