Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 10:09 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,533,837 times

Advertisements

Congratulations! I am so happy that every thing worked out for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2010, 09:42 AM

3 posts, read 3,671 times
Default Need Help

I am in the process of buying a house in Coral Springs Fl, The house is for a good price, is a sort sale, but the house do not have the air condition outside compressor, not stove, not washer and dryer, also the pool is so dirty that we have not been able to know if it is working or not. The house has been in the market for more that a year and a half. One of the mistakes is that mine Realtor is the same as the seller, I have to pay for all the closing cost. Now the appraisal has been done, put the Realtor or the lender have not let me know how it was. I sing an As is agreement. I thing the bank is not going to gave the loan if the house is in this conditions. Also the Realtor said that the seller do not want to do anything on the house because he need to pay to the bank 30K in the way the bank let him sell the house. What can I do? I am a first time home buyer.

Old 07-06-2010, 06:20 PM

1,912 posts, read 3,225,091 times
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I've also followed your story and even read about his arrest in the newspaper. Enjoy your home and your neighbors sound WONDERFUL!!!! Many years of happiness to your family!

Old 07-07-2010, 08:44 PM

65 posts, read 244,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhouse1935 View Post
I am in the process of buying a house in Coral Springs Fl, The house is for a good price, is a sort sale, but the house do not have the air condition outside compressor, not stove, not washer and dryer, also the pool is so dirty that we have not been able to know if it is working or not. The house has been in the market for more that a year and a half. One of the mistakes is that mine Realtor is the same as the seller, I have to pay for all the closing cost. Now the appraisal has been done, put the Realtor or the lender have not let me know how it was. I sing an As is agreement. I thing the bank is not going to gave the loan if the house is in this conditions. Also the Realtor said that the seller do not want to do anything on the house because he need to pay to the bank 30K in the way the bank let him sell the house. What can I do? I am a first time home buyer.

From what you wrote it seems like your realtor is not working in your best interest.

First of all you MUST be provided with the appraisal of the house and even if you sign an As Is Contract once you have your own inspection peformed if the repairs are beyond what you would like to pay, you can ask that the seller take care of them or you can cancel the contract. Hopefully, your inspection period has not expired.

If your loan is conventional then it doesn't matter about the stove, pool, etc. but if you have applied for an FHA loan most of the items you noted in your original post must be repaired (washer and dryer not included).

I would definitely get a lawyer and I would be extremely weary of your realtor if I were you.

Old 07-11-2010, 10:48 PM

49 posts, read 133,345 times
I've been following this post and I too am glad that things have worked out for you and your family. I used to live in Plantation, also and I loved it. *Sigh* I love happy endings.

Old 07-15-2010, 07:02 AM

8,568 posts, read 18,110,026 times
Newhouse, you have jumped into the middle of someone else's thread - to continue to discuss your issues would be to derail this thread, taking it in another direction. You should begin your own thread, IMO.

Old 07-15-2010, 07:30 AM

7,937 posts, read 20,381,405 times
Ive been following this as well and im so glad things worked out and you will be SO happy!! Lots of Happiness

Old 07-18-2010, 10:36 AM

59 posts, read 115,401 times
This is insane that people can do something like this in the first place..

Old 07-24-2010, 07:01 AM

91 posts, read 408,747 times
so happy for you and the house love plantation and that we one of the areas that we looked at before settling in Vero Beach,

Old 09-19-2011, 10:30 PM

63 posts, read 302,676 times
I lived in that area until I retired. I know it well, it is a lovely part of Plantation where I raised a family. it is a good neighborhood close to great hospital, good doctors, nice malls and wide main roads where traffic is rarely at a stand still. I hope you are doing well in that home. late post, happened on the thread while searching for something else
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area