Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2010, 10:58 AM

95 posts, read 393,835 times

Advertisements

The summers are definitely hot and humid, but totally bearable. I loved it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2010, 11:47 AM

2,976 posts, read 13,372,728 times
We do not live in the middle of the Mojave desert (add 100 % humidity). Like any sub-tropical climate you have use some common sense - don't go jogging at noon (which I see too often when it's approaching 95 degrees), use the early mornings and late afternoons for sports and other exercise and you will be fine.

Always takes lots of water with you, sunscreen and a hat.

Old 04-21-2010, 12:36 PM

1,054 posts, read 3,244,665 times
I have been living here since 1988 and the summer is still very hot. Actually April-Dec is hot

Old 04-21-2010, 02:10 PM
vr2

224 posts, read 802,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ1972 View Post
I have been living here since 1988 and the summer is still very hot. Actually April-Dec is hot
Makes swimming just THAT much more enjoyable!

Old 08-16-2012, 08:54 PM

58 posts, read 175,240 times
It's my first summer in South Florida and I honestly have to say that its much more bearable than it's been in the northeast. Plus, much less humid.

Old 08-17-2012, 06:40 AM

1,285 posts, read 3,607,107 times
Default Summer heat

I just moved here from New Orleans and find the weather slightly better in the summer here and definitely much much better in the winter,no 30-40 degree weather with 80% humidity. Some days in FTL the humidity is less and the daily rains help cool down a lot.
Sid

Old 08-17-2012, 09:05 AM

5,390 posts, read 9,690,496 times
I dont really feel like the beach is much cooler than inland in the summer....maybe the slightest bit, but you will still need air conditioning for survival, even by the beach.... The whole area is just HOT-- there's no sugar coating and being all "yeah, there's a nice moderating breeze by the ocean"
THIS AIN'T HAWAII- THE OCEAN BREEZE IS JUST HOT AIR BLOWING....STILL HOT AS HELLLL

so to answer ur question-- it really depends on ur heat tolerance, but regardless, it's HOT. Freakin HOT

Old 08-17-2012, 09:35 AM

326 posts, read 949,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime69 View Post
I dont really feel like the beach is much cooler than inland in the summer....maybe the slightest bit, but you will still need air conditioning for survival, even by the beach.... The whole area is just HOT-- there's no sugar coating and being all "yeah, there's a nice moderating breeze by the ocean"
THIS AIN'T HAWAII- THE OCEAN BREEZE IS JUST HOT AIR BLOWING....STILL HOT AS HELLLL

so to answer ur question-- it really depends on ur heat tolerance, but regardless, it's HOT. Freakin HOT

I live by the beach. The breeze, when there is one in the summer--winter is windy--, is hot. It's usually out of the south so it's definitely a hot wind. Then you have all of the asphalt and paving as well as buildings and that makes it hotter. Sometimes you can find a nice wind tunnel effect between the building though.

In my particular building, unless you live in a corner apartment, you only have windows on one side of the unit so there is no cross ventilation if it does happen to be cool enough to open the windows. This building in particular was not meant to have a fresh air flow.

Old 08-17-2012, 11:42 AM

2,976 posts, read 13,372,728 times
I must be honest - either it is getting hotter or i am more sensitive to the heat or both, but this summer has been just a tad more trying than other years. When it's 94 and feels like 104 ..... Hmmmmm. :-)

Old 08-18-2012, 01:21 PM

3,910 posts, read 9,469,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cricky View Post
It's my first summer in South Florida and I honestly have to say that its much more bearable than it's been in the northeast. Plus, much less humid.
South FL is WAY more humid than the northeast in summers. The northeast can be hotter in temps, but does not have the humidity that we have down here. The one thing that makes the Northeast less bearable is the lack of A/C in many buildings. Everywhere in FL has A/C so it is easier to dodge the heat.

Another thing is that Southeast FL is often cooler in temps than Northern FL, the panhandle, Georgia, New Orleans, etc. Tallahassee summers are considerably hotter than Fort Lauderdale.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area