Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 01:48 PM

245 posts, read 1,167,700 times

Advertisements

Keiser is a scam, you cant' even transfer those credits over to a university.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2010, 08:24 AM

389 posts, read 1,077,956 times
Keiser is not accredited in the same sense that Miami Dade or Broward College are. Same thing with Everest. They say they are accredited but try to transfer any of those credits from Keiser or Everest to FIU, Barry or Nova and see what they tell you.

Old 04-17-2010, 07:25 PM

17 posts, read 209,901 times
Thanks guys. Keiser is accredited, but I'll take your word for it as far as everything else goes and not apply there. My next options are Broward College and Miami-Dade College, are those two legitimate?

I don't know how extreme of a move it is from Minneapolis to the Miami area...I've been to Florida about 3 times. My uncle and his wife live there, but those are the only people I know. I think I'm ready for a jump though..

Old 04-17-2010, 07:51 PM

3,043 posts, read 7,674,595 times
They're both legitimate. Broward College would be my choice. Safe area, lots of good housing options.

Old 04-26-2010, 09:10 AM

1 posts, read 21,694 times
Default Keiser University

Keiser University is regionally accredited by the same accrediting body as Broward College and Miami Dade College, in fact, further accredited as a Level V institution because they are approved to offer graduate level degrees.

Old 04-27-2010, 04:07 AM

15 posts, read 120,433 times
I went to Keiser for the Occupational Therapy Assistant program. Keiser is accredited, but it is so expensive. For PTA you have other options like Miami Dade or Broward College. For me I had no other choice because it is the only COTA school down here. Anyways no matter what school you attend it is well worth it. Working in the rehabilitative/therapy field was the best decision I ever made.

Old 11-02-2010, 02:57 PM

1 posts, read 21,349 times
dont listen to these ignorant people. keiser is accredited in all the right places including regionally and not only that but i spoke with the admissions offices in fiu, fau, nova, and even UM and they said they take all credits from keiser because it is accredited.

Old 11-02-2010, 03:07 PM

2,336 posts, read 7,755,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StilltheSame View Post
I didnt realize Keiser was accredited - but truly it doesnt matter.

OP - If I had an applicant from Keiser - I would discount it as among the worst forms of a diploma mill/scam - accredited or not.

Here are my thoughts on Florida Schools -
1st tier: UF, UM, FSU,
2nd tier: UCF, USF, UNF, FAMU, Stetson,
(there are a number of other smaller private schools)
in South Florida: FIU, FAU, Miami Dade, BCC, PBCC

I really wouldnt consider many others if I were looking.
I disagree with this. There are some majors that are not available at the traditional, non-profit universities (like 'Fire Science'). Also many of the majors that are in the health-sciences have wait-lists for admission.

Also the tuition for an out-of-state resident at the public Florida colleges is through the roof (more than Keiser).

The 'rank' of schools is variable depending on the major and the program. For example, Nova outclasses FIU when it comes to the computing sciences (I know this because I know alums from both programs who work in the field).

Old 11-07-2010, 04:52 PM

1,617 posts, read 1,622,555 times
Kaisser College is accredited college and University. It is a private college and expensive but excellent. I worked for Kaisser years ago.

Old 11-07-2010, 07:31 PM

3,769 posts, read 8,756,411 times
Do your research:

Keiser University - Best College - Education - US News
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area