Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 07:02 PM

305 posts, read 805,530 times

Advertisements

I know what your thinking but I need to do this.

I have a very tough time finding a decent job in Florida and it's mostly because I don't have high credentials that will land a decent wage so I mostly work $10 jobs.

The thing is that the person I live with and I fight constantly and I can't deal with it anymore, I need to get my own pad and fast.

I don't know anything about welfare but I'm applying alone as a man making $264 a week before taxes, I only work weekends and I'm looking a week job but with no luck.

I don't want to do this, trust me I don't like handouts but I have to face reality that I need education but most importantly I need to be at peace.

So about welfare, do I need to have a family to get it or what? Help me figure out the requirements of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2009, 07:11 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,437,415 times
If your looking for better housing then you should check into Section 8 housing in your area.
If you have no handicap and you don't support any children, I think you can get benefits but for only a limited time.
I think it might be easier to find another place to live frankly, another roomate or something.

Old 04-30-2009, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
If your looking for better housing then you should check into Section 8 housing in your area.
If you have no handicap and you don't support any children, I think you can get benefits but for only a limited time.
I think it might be easier to find another place to live frankly, another roomate or something.
I have a speech impedement but they don't consider that a disability. Also sickle cell but they don't consider that a disability either.

I can't afford a roomate right now.

Old 04-30-2009, 07:40 PM

6,993 posts, read 17,365,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8.00 per hour View Post
I know what your thinking but I need to do this.

I have a very tough time finding a decent job in Florida and it's mostly because I don't have high credentials that will land a decent wage so I mostly work $10 jobs.

The thing is that the person I live with and I fight constantly and I can't deal with it anymore, I need to get my own pad and fast.

I don't know anything about welfare but I'm applying alone as a man making $264 a week before taxes, I only work weekends and I'm looking a week job but with no luck.

I don't want to do this, trust me I don't like handouts but I have to face reality that I need education but most importantly I need to be at peace.

So about welfare, do I need to have a family to get it or what? Help me figure out the requirements of it.
Go to the department of child and family services on 441 and broward. They will put you into the system and get you sorted out (if you qualify). I knew a girl who used to work there. No shame in needing help sometimes, anyone who thinks other wise is a moron.

Old 04-30-2009, 07:46 PM

I get food stamps now..... $160 a month.

I'm not able to get cash assistance due to not having a family.

I'll go tomorrow and see what they say, thanks.

Old 05-01-2009, 03:37 PM

478 posts, read 1,325,328 times
Good luck man.

Old 05-03-2009, 08:14 AM

2,143 posts, read 8,032,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8.00 per hour View Post
I get food stamps now..... $160 a month.

I'm not able to get cash assistance due to not having a family.

I'll go tomorrow and see what they say, thanks.
You have no family anywhere in the country you can move in with? Then you would be able to complete your education, whichis key. I'm not trying to be callous, but you have a computer and internet service, I assume. Cut out that and you will free up some money. That should help.

Old 05-03-2009, 02:22 PM

5 posts, read 22,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilybeans View Post
You have no family anywhere in the country you can move in with? Then you would be able to complete your education, whichis key. I'm not trying to be callous, but you have a computer and internet service, I assume. Cut out that and you will free up some money. That should help.
Exactly!

Cut out the beer, smokes, cable TV, etc. and you'll suddenly find some extra cash. Think "do I need this?" instead of "do I want this?"

Old 05-03-2009, 10:40 PM

10,599 posts, read 17,896,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilybeans View Post
8.00 per hr has been posting here for a LONG TIME all about his situation which is not easily dismissed that way.

Really, the internet is 30 bucks max. So a person is supposed to ISOLATE themselves even more for 30.00 per month. And do WHAT exactly? Start doing things the 1980's way?

He lives with his MOM BTW and has been going to school for COMPUTER SCIENCE for a long time. HENCE THE COMPUTER.

Perhaps you'd like to read about his physical challenges with his sickle cell before assuming what he can or can't do. And his MOM (poor guy LOL).

Old 05-03-2009, 10:45 PM

10,599 posts, read 17,896,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schickelgruber View Post
Exactly!

Cut out the beer, smokes, cable TV, etc. and you'll suddenly find some extra cash. Think "do I need this?" instead of "do I want this?"
No not exactly at all. This guy is a long time poster here. It's not a matter of "extra cash" from 30.00 for internet service.

He already got ripped off for BIG BUCKS for a ripoff tech school. IT's not his NON EXISTANT smoking habit that's the problem.

I love all these opinions that a person is supposed to live with NOTHING that the average poster enjoys like a stupid internet connection and TV and sit home and do WHAT?

I'm no Liberal not even a Democrat but why is it that everyone thinks people's problems are solvable with chump change?

THAT applies to my friend OBAMA specifically who proved giving a chump change tax REBATE disguised as a tax cut paid to non tax payers was all he needed to buy votes. It worked and now we have WHAT?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area