U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 07:27 PM

16 posts, read 42,209 times

Advertisements

Hi again .

Everyone here has been so helpful so far and that's why I have another question.

Does anyone have an opinion on Coral Springs? We like "The Tides" apartment homes so I'm wondering if anyone has heard of this?

Also, if anyone has any recommendations for townhouse style apartments in Weston, Coral Springs, or Plantation, I'd like to check them out. We'd rather rent from a rental company as opposed to a private owner. I've been looking on rent.com but only a couple listings come up for each city and then the rest are "Within __ miles of _______".

Thank you everyone! .
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2010, 05:53 AM

11,642 posts, read 21,443,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOrtiz87 View Post
Hi again .

Everyone here has been so helpful so far and that's why I have another question.

Does anyone have an opinion on Coral Springs? We like "The Tides" apartment homes so I'm wondering if anyone has heard of this?

Also, if anyone has any recommendations for townhouse style apartments in Weston, Coral Springs, or Plantation, I'd like to check them out. We'd rather rent from a rental company as opposed to a private owner. I've been looking on rent.com but only a couple listings come up for each city and then the rest are "Within __ miles of _______".

Thank you everyone! .
I don't know much about individual complexes but Coral Springs, Weston and Plantation are all nice cities. You are smart to rent from a rental company as opposed to a private owner. I know quite a few people who have been totally screwed by private owners.

My parents lived in San Michele in Weston when they first moved to FL. They liked it there. The complex that we rented at in Plantation has converted to a condo community.

Good luck to you.

Old 04-29-2010, 07:34 AM

469 posts, read 1,213,176 times
In Weston you have: St. Andrews, Weston Place, San Michelle, Fairlakes. IMO San Michelle is the nicest. Keep in mind these are apartments. You can rent a townhome but then you would have to deal with HOA, getting approval etc. Also you would have to find a realtor (at least I did not find a townhome in Weston to rent under a rental property management company without having to go through HOA approval first).

Old 04-29-2010, 08:47 AM

2,517 posts, read 10,215,239 times
I lived in Coral Springs for two years. It was ok...not much to do. I hated the city ordinance that said that shopping centers cannot have street frontage signs with store names. It took me a year to actually learn where places where because of this. Same thing goes for gas....the price was not prominently displayed on the street. I would have have to drive into the gas station to check out the prices. Little things like that irked me about Coral Springs.

Old 04-29-2010, 10:21 AM

2,763 posts, read 6,198,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heydade View Post
I lived in Coral Springs for two years. It was ok...not much to do. I hated the city ordinance that said that shopping centers cannot have street frontage signs with store names. It took me a year to actually learn where places where because of this. Same thing goes for gas....the price was not prominently displayed on the street. I would have have to drive into the gas station to check out the prices. Little things like that irked me about Coral Springs.
Heydade,

you are so right - I didn't know that was the reason though - Now I know LOL - I thought I loved Coral Springs when I first visited the area - Now I really love South Broward much more diverse IMO and I like the mixture - PP to me beats everything out in diversity, but Weston is the nicest - I'm looking into San Michelle right now.

Old 04-29-2010, 10:33 AM

27 posts, read 44,097 times
- I'm looking into San Michelle right now.[/quote]

Chelsa,

Please, let us know if you like San Michele. Gracias

Old 04-29-2010, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelsa1075 View Post
Heydade,

you are so right - I didn't know that was the reason though - Now I know LOL - I thought I loved Coral Springs when I first visited the area - Now I really love South Broward much more diverse IMO and I like the mixture - PP to me beats everything out in diversity, but Weston is the nicest - I'm looking into San Michelle right now.

Chels-those are really nice! They are the nicest/roomiest in Weston. St. Andrews was cheaper for a 3bdrm- that's the only reason we didn't get it. Let me know how you likes~

Old 04-29-2010, 11:43 AM

2,763 posts, read 6,198,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by namomof3 View Post
Chels-those are really nice! They are the nicest/roomiest in Weston. St. Andrews was cheaper for a 3bdrm- that's the only reason we didn't get it. Let me know how you likes~
Really - online it is San Michelle that is cheaper - did St. Andrews offer a moving in discount or something. I know a lot of the apartments offer discounts.

Old 04-29-2010, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Really - online it is San Michelle that is cheaper - did St. Andrews offer a moving in discount or something. I know a lot of the apartments offer discounts.

Yes! When we were looking the prices they had online were off by over $100/month. (I suppose the "market" also affected rental prices ) And yes most places were offering 1 month free rent.

Old 04-29-2010, 06:43 PM

11,642 posts, read 21,443,281 times
Quote:
Heydade,

San Michelle!! Woo Hoo!! Let me know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area