Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2010, 01:24 PM

19 posts, read 198,915 times

Advertisements

I thank everyone so far who has been so helpful in assisting me to plan a Florida vacation that is going to lead up to an engagement proposal. With the oil spill, things have been complicated, and we are now rolling the dice with the possibly safter bet of Fort Lauderdale (if the slick gets around there, as is possible, we'll just set the whole thing on fire and propose in front of a flaming ocean).

So, back to my original question: any ideas on proposal spots in Fort Lauderdale? As with the original post, I am definitely going with my gut and making the decision myself, but I would love some suggestions of beautiful spots or interesting natural areas that might be conducive to such an event!

I was originally going with St. Andrew's State Park (shame I can't now) for a natural beach feel, but it looks like there are no major state parks in the more metropolitan FLD area.

Hit me with any idea you have!

Also, I know that the east coast will never rival the sand/water feel of the Gulf (again, a shame), but it is my understanding that as far south as Fort Lauderdale the water is pretty clear and good for snorkeling, etc?

Thanks again, everyone! I promise an update and picture when the big deal is closed!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2010, 02:08 PM

2,143 posts, read 8,032,562 times
The water is clear enough to snorkel a lot farther north than Ft. Lauderdale.

Old 05-01-2010, 02:08 PM

3,043 posts, read 7,710,346 times
Just 15 minutes south, is The W in Hollywood - very nice. The Hollywood Beach Broadwalk along the sand is cool for walks & restaurants. And, Downtown Hollywood is nice for cafes and live music. And, for that beach park feel you have John U. Lloyd State Park.

And, Im loving the romantic idea of a flaming ocean Sure hope it doesnt come to that!

Old 05-01-2010, 04:12 PM

3,848 posts, read 9,324,090 times
I would head down to Key Biscayne and to Bill Baggs State Park. Head to the beach by the lighthouse, OR, they do tours of the lighthouse a couple days of the week. Tell the tour guide your plans and when you get to the top, pop the question there. That would be a nice big landmark so you could always remember where you got engaged.

Old 05-01-2010, 04:20 PM

3,043 posts, read 7,710,346 times
Nice!!

Old 05-01-2010, 04:51 PM

2,517 posts, read 11,052,247 times
I remember chiming in on this before with another poster. Set up a very romantic and beautiful Gondola ride near sunset along the Ft.Lauderdale intercostal (the Venice of America) Pop the question on the gondola. I did this with my wife and she absolutely loved it ! They play romantic music and the gondoleer is in the back and out of the way. The water is super calm as it's the intercostal and you cruise down beautiful canals and waterways with millionare mansions and beautiful landscapes. Very very nice ! Video | Sensation Floride | Gondola Rides in Fort Lauderdale, FL

http://www.gondolaman.com/Gallery.php

Afterwards, take a short stroll with your newly engaged fiancee (sounds nice huh !) and have a romantic dinner at Chima brazilian steakhouse... http://www.chima.cc/locations_detail.cfm?id=9

Mike the owner of the gondola runs an excellent company with excellent service. make sure to buy a bottle of wine at Stork's and bring it with you when you board your gondola.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area