Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2007, 07:11 PM

17 posts, read 63,429 times

Advertisements

My fiance and I are looking for a nice, safe place to live in the ft. lauderdale or boca area. we live in oviedo (orlando area) right now. He will be graduating with a computer science degree in the winter and we're wondering if there are any jobs in the computer science/software programming field? Thank you.
kc
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2007, 07:21 PM

1,336 posts, read 4,965,188 times
why would u want to move from central florida to south florida, most people are getting out of south florida for many reasons...i just left lauderdale after 5 years

Old 05-28-2007, 07:26 PM

975 posts, read 3,730,730 times
I'm assuming these jobs are very difficult to find in Orlando, so they're moving (just a guess)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSnFla View Post
why would u want to move from central florida to south florida, most people are getting out of south florida for many reasons...i just left lauderdale after 5 years

Old 05-28-2007, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSnFla View Post
i might be crazy, but my future in-laws are crazier. lol. seriously, that's the big reason. another reason is the school system here. we are also looking at tampa/st. pete area.

Old 05-29-2007, 07:22 PM

31 posts, read 118,679 times
Living in the Fort Lauderdale area I would have to say that it's not that great. It might be better to stay in Orlando or head over to Tampa instead!

Old 05-29-2007, 07:36 PM

1,770 posts, read 8,247,966 times
Low-cost and good quality of life in South FL does not mix.

Old 05-29-2007, 08:34 PM

929 posts, read 1,156,838 times
"Low-cost and good quality of life in South FL does not mix."

ditto to that.

jobs in the computer field are hard to find everywhere
theyre disappearing all over the country. i know because im very very lucky to have one at the moment. in addition some recruiters use trickery to ********* out of unemployment here. i know because i almost went broke when it happened to me. now i have 2 months of savings though in a emigrantdirect account i can fall back on.

Old 05-31-2007, 02:18 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,898,943 times
Why move! Oviedo is a very nice area with great schools if you are to raise a family. The main areas i would recomend down south are Weston(although a little rude), Coral Springs, Parkland, Cooper City, Boca Raton itself and (if you dont plan to have kids in public schools) Plantation and Sunrise. Davie also has some good opprotunities for elememtary and middle schools but from what i hear the High school over there isint too good. Overall i happen to think Oviedo is one of Floridas most pleasant suburbs, I would not leave for down south! And as far as software jobs to go, Orlando is pretty much it for high-tech jobs of any kind in Florida.

Old 06-14-2007, 07:42 AM

Yes, Oviedo, has been everything we've wanted so far--barring the in-laws. Now that I've read more about the other parts of this state, I might consider staying. You've all scared me! I really appreciate the info, though. Everyone is so helpful! If anyone wants to know about Orlando, in general, i can help!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area