U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2010, 08:19 PM

4 posts, read 13,901 times

Advertisements

Hi! We are moving to Pembroke Pines from Las Vegas with a 2 1/2 yr old and a 6 month old. I am looking for suggestions on the following:

1. Pediatrician that is in practice by him/herself? Most people on this forum are recommending Pediatric Assocs. (which I am not totally opposed to) but, I like the idea of my child seeing the same pediatrician if they are well, sick, etc.

2. GYN?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2010, 06:40 AM

3,757 posts, read 7,865,190 times
For you to consider - we used Ena Sanchez at PA and always saw her. The problem with a single practice is that you dont have night, saturday or sunday hours in the event of an emergency and my kids had a knack for getting sick on Sundays - I didnt want to take them to ER or wait until Monday so a practice like PA was perfect.

GYN - Larry Stempel in Pines - he is solo so if you are unlucky enough to get him on a busy delivery day it can get backed up but he is awesome!

Old 05-14-2010, 02:33 PM

1,076 posts, read 2,102,200 times
I use Pediatric assoc and use Dr. Villar. My daughter sees her everytime she goes, except after hours if she is sick all of a sudden. The good thing about them is they are all very caring and are open 365 and evening hours for us working parents. Your child can get comfortable with their doctor, but in case of them getting sick after hours, pediatric associates is always there. I dont know of any self-practice pediatric offices

Old 05-14-2010, 04:21 PM

2,517 posts, read 10,234,519 times
if there is something wrong with your kid and it's after hours...don't worry...most doctors cover their butts by telling you to call 911. At that point your son or daughter would probably end up in an overcrowded ER with other sick kids...thus finally getting them REAL sick. Transport fee for rescue = 800 dollars and ER visit = another 1,000 dollars. Gotta love Docs !

Old 05-17-2010, 03:31 PM

65 posts, read 215,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by us025651 View Post
Hi! We are moving to Pembroke Pines from Las Vegas with a 2 1/2 yr old and a 6 month old. I am looking for suggestions on the following:

1. Pediatrician that is in practice by him/herself? Most people on this forum are recommending Pediatric Assocs. (which I am not totally opposed to) but, I like the idea of my child seeing the same pediatrician if they are well, sick, etc.

2. GYN?

Thanks in advance for your help!

All our children see doctors' at the Children's Medical Center.

Offices are also open 365 days and have some evening hours.

Your child can see the doctor of your choice. They have offices on Taft Street, Hollywood and Chapel Trail. Their entire staff is great including the Nurse Practitioners' - they are wonderful.

Also, if your child needs to go the emergency room - the Memorial Health Care system has dedicated emergency rooms for children. My longest wait has been 30 minutes with a nurse checking on my child to see how they are doing until they were attended.

GYN - My OBGYN office is comprised mainly of women doctors'. They are very good and have become a little more commercial but they know what they are doing. If you would like more information shoot me an e-mail.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area