Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2010, 03:49 PM

15 posts, read 48,707 times

Advertisements

We are looking at buying a house in the Four Mile Cove area, we are new to Cape Coral and would appreciate any opinions or experience with the area. A couple of blocks away from the home any you have the busy city streets of veterans and Del Prado. Is this a safe area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2010, 09:45 PM

1,846 posts, read 4,742,295 times
That is a good area. Although I am out of state now; I still have family there. I am looking at buying a house in Cape Coral this year hopefully. I won't move until I get a job; but that's another thread.

You will be close to the Midpoint bridge so you have easy access to Ft Myers. You are close to Publix and Wal-Mart on Del Prado.

As far as safety, it isn't bad. That also depends on where you are from and what you are used to.

Old 07-10-2010, 05:30 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,022,258 times
It's really hard to say one area is safer than another, because crime is all over Cape Coral and Lee County. Just be smart. Lock your doors even if your'e home. Lock your cars or park them in the garage. Get good outside lighting. Take steps to make your home undesireable to theives. Get to know your neighbors, they just might be ones calling the police when the 'movers' show up and clean you out.

Your biggest issue just might be the traffic and you get used to that.

Old 07-10-2010, 02:44 PM

15 posts, read 48,707 times
I have lived in many different places in North America from big cities to rural locations. My first impression of the area was that some of the residential streets seem to be a little more not as well maintained as the others. One street can have beautiful houses with well kept lawns while the next street over might not be as nice. We have young kids and would like to be able to take regular evening strolls with them in a neighborhood that's safe.
What's the deal with the Coralwood Shopping center? It looks like a ghost town right now. Was it ever a nice little shopping strip before the economy collapse? It seems like it would be a great location for businesses to thrive.

Old 07-10-2010, 03:32 PM

518 posts, read 1,231,439 times
The problem is they built why to many strip malls all over cape coral that will take 10 to 20 years to fill if ever. Some will fall into disrepair from lack of use and others will hang in there. I looked at a waterfront home right behind that mall but didn't like the highway noise and it way to long to get to the gulf in my boats. Plus the side I looked at had a low bridge. I would stay from that area down towards the big bridge to fort myers on the left side of the road. All nice areas. I wouldn't live going towards that walmart up the street. I feel sorry for the people that bought in that four mile cove gated area in the back. The cheap condos you have to drive through to get to their gate will be a very low end complex that will draw more crime for the whole area around there. I bought in the yacht club area it has a nice little beach and pier to walk to and there is a nice park right off cape coral pkwy. Much safer area and the homes are a mix of old and new. I like the area a lot. I also think the value of your home will come back faster than other areas of the cape. If your on the waterfront. The sw next to my area is also very nice but can get pretty pricey on the waterfront.

Old 07-11-2010, 05:16 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,022,258 times
The Coralwood mall was built back in the late 70s early 80s...I was just a kid then and it was a nice enclosed mall with lots of shops. There was a grocery store, drug store, 5 and dime store ( Eagles), local dept store ( Beall's) and other small shops. Kmart came in and was there for quite while. My favorite store in that mall was Dr Clothes. lol

As for the house and lawns not being up to snuff....dont' worry, the little old ladies and gents will be out in full force reporting the offenders to the city, who in turn will come out and issue tickets.

Over the yrs they have revamped the place and slowly shops moved out. The only thing that mall has going for it, is the movie theater.

Old 07-12-2010, 05:20 AM

5,503 posts, read 7,333,723 times
I looked at the area north of Four Mile Cove preserve. I almost bought a home on a canal right across from the preserve. But I found out that a small strip of that land across the canal is zoned for residential construction and is not part of the preserve, even though it looks that way on a map and the listing said it was. I also was wary of the large amount of vacant land in the area that could be developed with who knows what. As far as crime goes it is a very minor issue in Cape Coral compared to most of the country.

Old 07-12-2010, 01:23 PM

681 posts, read 884,652 times
Every single day news-press.com reports about robberies,murder and other arrests in Cape Coral.

Only realtors, house flippers and desperate home owners do not read news!

"Thieves steal $85K in items from Cape Coral home"

"Burglars steal $9,000 in valuables while homeowner away"

"Thieves kick in door, steal television, computers, from Cape Coral home"

Last edited by yoko; 07-12-2010 at 01:35 PM..

Old 07-12-2010, 02:11 PM

5,503 posts, read 7,333,723 times
Ruby is asking about Four Mile Cove. Please stay on topic and not on the usual CC bashing agenda.

Old 07-12-2010, 02:32 PM

1,846 posts, read 4,742,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
Ruby is asking about Four Mile Cove. Please stay on topic and not on the usual CC bashing agenda.
I agree. Enough of the bashing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area