Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2010, 12:51 AM

196 posts, read 504,308 times

Advertisements

Come on folks share ya favorite things in the cape! Let us know if your a "New Relocationer ,were from? OR a resident forever ?There are good points...how about the more relaxing pace? Sunshine so many days a year...Beautiful beaches, Folks whom are pleasant...share yous please, lets hear the flip side~
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2010, 06:17 AM

376 posts, read 910,404 times
I head over from Sanibel once a week, in season, to go to the farmer's market & Paesano's... plus breakfast at that pancake place near a dog groomer's... they have the BEST blueberry pancakes!

For the record, I live & work here FT, all year around.

Old 08-06-2010, 08:43 AM

146 posts, read 375,323 times
Coffee on my lanai on a warm sunny morning.

Old 08-06-2010, 11:24 AM

1,210 posts, read 3,282,813 times
great thing about SWF is that lots of stuff from Everglades City up to Tampa are day tripable....from post by Ricko...

If you like plenty of bars, restaurants, unlimited shopping, beaches, boating, golf, festivals and being 2-3 hours from Miami, Fort Lauderdale, Orlando, Tampa, and 30 minutes from Naples and Sarasota, then you will have fun here. Check out the Edison and Ford Winter home museums.

Also from a Bakin Mama previous post:
There is a lot of stuff to do in the Fort Myers area...

FORT MYERS

Calusa Nature Center and Planetarium
Southwest Florida Museum of History
Ostego Bay Marine Science Center
Shell Factory
Broadway Palm Dinner Theater
Manatee Park
Lover's Key State Park
Bell Tower Shops
Miromar Outlet
Tanger Outlet

SANIBEL/CAPTIVA

Bailey-Matthews Shell Museum
Ding Darling
Sanibel-Captiva Conservation Foundation

NAPLES
Naples Pier
Philharmonic
Naples Botanical Gardens
Corkscrew Swamp
Naples Museum of Art
Collier Co. Museum
Waterside Shops
Fifth Avenue South

Additionally, if you are willing to travel a little ways, you can find great places to visit just a short drive away in places like St. Pete, Venice, Miami, and Tampa.

And from a kroeran previous post

Gaspirilla "downtown", the old hotel and the regional history and nature museum at the lighthouse on Boca Chica - have to drive around through Port Charlotte

Dog Park at Lovers Key

Swamp Boat tours (not open water) south of Naples

Seminole Gulf Railway Dinner Theater Train

Fort Myers downtown shops

Real Poker at the Dog Track

6 Mile Slough nature walk

Kayak Estero River

Captiva for lunch, walk beach at end of road, shelling at SanCap gap.

Fishermans wharf at Punta Gorda

Stilts restaurant at Marco, separately, Tigers Tail beach

Veranda Restaurant in Fort Myers downtown

Burroughs Mansion tour Downtown Fort Myers (I think Fridays only, look it up)

River Boat tours (not open water)

Day trip to Miami

2 Day trip down to Key West and back

The BIIIIG Fort Myers fleamasters flea market weekends, take MLK exit

FM beach sand sculpture competition first weekend Novembers

Lunch on beach at Turtle club, Naples

Big Antique place just south of FM on trail, east side...Gannons I think?

Sun Harvest Citrus tourist thingy a mile east of SFM Walmart, great orange icecream, on Ben C Pratt parkway curves toward the trail

Antique paradise at Arcadia...check for once a month sidewalk sale, 4th Saturday each month

Broadway Palm dinner theatre

Koreshan Historic Site structures - weird cult that died out

Old 08-06-2010, 01:15 PM

515 posts, read 1,589,792 times
My favorite thing in the Cape is the bridges out of there. LOL
The cape reminds me of some small NJ beach towns. Quaint but dated. Full of trinket shops, and resturants. It's a nice place to visit but wouldn't wanna live there. Beside, it's all fill on top of swamps. Some day when "the big one" hits, it's gonna slide into the gulf never to be seen again.

Old 08-06-2010, 01:41 PM

1,210 posts, read 3,282,813 times
much of it does call for a refurb - those 60s style bungalos are very unappealing to your typical northeast buyer.

If I was a boat guy I would buy the ugliest one I could find on a canal and see if it could be refurbed to a classic cracker house, which looks real sweet and exotic to northern eyes - throw on a metal roof and wrap around porch - gut it and modernize the inside...granite counters etc

you may be able to take a box like this and convert it

Last edited by kroeran; 08-06-2010 at 01:55 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area