Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2010, 06:26 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,276,538 times

Advertisements

HarleyGirl, the reason there is zero negativity is because you didn't write a post like this:

Looking for a beach and don't care about schools cuz hey, ours are worse here anyway, so it will be fine. Really, my priority is restaurants, anyway. Need jobs and I know there is a recession but things are tough all over and I can get a job down there, even if there are 300 applicants per job. I know that all of my problems will be solved if I just don't have to shovel anymore. How much do you think I'll get paid? Can you live on it? How much do you think a rental will be? Utilities? Can anyone give me advice?

And when we do they have a meltdown.

But intelligent questions are welcomed. It's a great time to buy for retirees and vacation home folks. And if you are getting transferred there, hey, you have a job! Congrats!

I know of only one poster that is totally negative and that is because there is some sort of underlying issue <<cough, mental health, cough, cough>>. The rest of us are very happy to help.

I hope everyone gets a good laugh with their morning coffee.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2010, 10:55 PM

176 posts, read 439,206 times
Harleygirl, I hear you sister. NJ gets a bad rap. We live about 15 - 20 mins from Belmar. What a difference a day makes. We have a sign contract on a Short Sale. I just hope the home appraises correctly. It's my wife's dream house.

Old 09-02-2010, 06:53 AM

376 posts, read 910,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
HarleyGirl, the reason there is zero negativity is because you didn't write a post like this:

Looking for a beach and don't care about schools cuz hey, ours are worse here anyway, so it will be fine. Really, my priority is restaurants, anyway. Need jobs and I know there is a recession but things are tough all over and I can get a job down there, even if there are 300 applicants per job. I know that all of my problems will be solved if I just don't have to shovel anymore. How much do you think I'll get paid? Can you live on it? How much do you think a rental will be? Utilities? Can anyone give me advice?

And when we do they have a meltdown.

But intelligent questions are welcomed. It's a great time to buy for retirees and vacation home folks. And if you are getting transferred there, hey, you have a job! Congrats!

I know of only one poster that is totally negative and that is because there is some sort of underlying issue <<cough, mental health, cough, cough>>. The rest of us are very happy to help.

I hope everyone gets a good laugh with their morning coffee.

I got a good laugh with my morning coffee ~ THX hik!

No more reps for you till I spread it around but thanks for being spot on, once again.

Have a great day, everyone!

Old 09-02-2010, 12:24 PM

165 posts, read 292,033 times
Hello to everyone from here is sunny NJ the count is down to 11 days!!!! Hubby just went to do a little fishing and I just wanted to drop a line out and say hello. To all the people who have helped me again Thank You from the bottom of my heart. To all the fellow Jersey transpants that are moving down also hello to you and thank you for the messages. Gonna go to Atlantic City tomorrow and watch "Earl" kick up some waves put some quarters in the slot machine and see what happens!!! I'm feelin lucky!! To Hik I baked a beautiful Red Velvet Cake and put a candle in it last night. Was 4 months ago My Larry almost died so every month on the 1st I bake a cake and have him blow out the candle just like it was his birthday cause to me it is the day he was given a second chance. Keep all that info coming and remember this we don't do no stinking negativity we roll with the punches I'm from Jersey.

Old 09-02-2010, 12:45 PM

225 posts, read 493,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harleygirl07 View Post
Hello to everyone from here is sunny NJ the count is down to 11 days!!!! Was 4 months ago My Larry almost died so every month on the 1st I bake a cake and have him blow out the candle just like it was his birthday cause to me it is the day he was given a second chance. Keep all that info coming and remember this we don't do no stinking negativity we roll with the punches I'm from Jersey.
Live every day to its fullest I guess. Sounds like he's enjoying retirement so far, I know I am. Still can't break the habit of waking up at 5 AM yet though. Only 19 days till I head down. Thanks again for all the info you have provided and looking forward to hearing how your next trip goes.

Old 09-02-2010, 01:15 PM

Freddy you are right on the number he still gets up at 5am and so do I. But I love it. So peaceful sitting outside drinking my tea in the morning. Can't wait either.

Old 09-04-2010, 07:05 PM

Quote:
I know it seems hard but I have thought it over and well.....leaving NJ and the area around it will be hard...who am I kidding!!!! I already started packing!!! I just wanted to say what a nice little site I have come across.
Time for us to pack. Sold the house yesterday.

Old 09-04-2010, 08:31 PM

Default house

Good for you. We have a show tomorrow. We will still move even if it doesn't sell yet. But please fingers crossed and say a prayer I would rather unload it than be stuck with the mortgage for a little while. We gonna be neighbors soon! All us newbies are definitely gonna have to get together once we are settled.

Old 09-06-2010, 01:27 PM

Well the count down is on. I will be in C/C this time next Monday. Excitement is building. Hope everyone has had a safe and nice Labor Day weekend. Got my houses lined up and all my questions and paperwork.

Old 09-06-2010, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Well the count down is on. I will be in C/C this time next Monday. Excitement is building. Hope everyone has had a safe and nice Labor Day weekend. Got my houses lined up and all my questions and paperwork.
Curious to see what you are looking at.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area