U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 12:25 PM

12 posts, read 34,125 times

Advertisements

Just a quick note for all. Just received my tax increases for my home in New Jersey and in Cape Coral. I pay $9750 for taxes in New Jersey and my taxes are going
up $1200 more. My taxes are going up on my Cape Coral home, $3.00 !!!.
Be happy your in florida! I can't wait to make it my home.
Rate this post positively

Old 10-13-2010, 12:54 PM

5,503 posts, read 6,523,361 times
No state income tax here either!

Old 10-13-2010, 07:15 PM

165 posts, read 267,072 times
I will race you there!!! Our taxes are 7000.00 in beautiful South Jersey I'm glad I sold and have settlement next week. Goodbye NJ I will miss some of it but not all.

Old 10-13-2010, 08:44 PM

6,213 posts, read 6,844,645 times
I wish I could remember how many times in life I have escaped hell............only to wake up in hell again on another day........... And on it goes........... Just sayin'.

YC.......

Old 10-14-2010, 06:29 PM

12 posts, read 34,125 times
Harleygirl you've got me beat, I've read your posts and your on your way. Best of luck and
enjoy. It will be a few years before we can get down there. And we really can't cut all ties
with NJ because kids are still up here. But one day we will be spending alot of time there.
Yachtcare, I realize no place is perfect, but we have really enjoyed our times spent in Cape
Coral.

Old 10-14-2010, 11:49 PM

386 posts, read 919,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yachtcare View Post
I wish I could remember how many times in life I have escaped hell............only to wake up in hell again on another day........... And on it goes........... Just sayin'.

YC.......
So, Cape Coral is not "heaven on earth"? lol...

Old 10-15-2010, 04:16 AM

681 posts, read 759,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamrita View Post
So, Cape Coral is not "heaven on earth"?
Of course it is…a “heaven of bankruptcies” with “polluting, not navigate able” canals and city officials who are about to get “skyrocketing” pay raises for their very valuable contributions for economic collapse of the city whose population has dropped to 103,000!

“ In Lee County's time of bust, a bankruptcy boom..SW Fla. on pace to set record, and no end is in sight”
Oct/10/2010
In Lee County's time of bust, a bankruptcy boom | news-press.com | The News-Press

“ Boaters unhappy with state of Cape Coral canals. Many are too shallow to safely navigate; others are impassable due to growing grass and weeds. “
Oct/15/2010
Boaters unhappy with state of Cape Coral canals - ABC-7.com WZVN News for Fort Myers, Cape Coral & Naples, Florida

“ Recent state tests show that Ceitus Creek, as well as Cape Coral's North Spreader Canal System, is transporting sediment and pollutants into Matlacha Pass.”
Oct/11/2010
Proposed barrier for Cape Coral canal may be relocated | news-press.com | The News-Press

Old 10-15-2010, 06:01 AM

3,636 posts, read 8,939,142 times
Wait till your homeowners insurance goes through the roof, OR gets cancelled. Better have work or be retired before coming here too. Yeah it's perfect down here....LOL!!!!!

Old 10-15-2010, 08:34 AM

165 posts, read 267,072 times
Please someone tell me where Utopia is in this world? Everone hates something about the area they live in. I hate my taxes but love the state I was born and raised in. I choose to move to Cape Coral I know life isn't perfect there but life isn't perfect here or as a matter of fact any where. Wallow away in your pity party and feel sorry for your self everyday and you know what you'll end up with? Nothing... I have been divorced 13 years ago not but my choice I just don't sleep 3 in my bed. Ended up losing everything I had, had a 14 year old boy to raise and an ex who was too busy s**** his new love of his life. I lost my house had no real job experience and no where to go. I wanted to shot my self and get it over ith but I had someone who depended on ME. I went and applied nad recieved the best job I could ask for and I made alot of money to support my self and my child with no help for anyone. Then met a man who was honest caring and had been through the same thing. Together we have worked hard for the last 9 years to be able to do this. He had a massive heart attack in April and can never work again. Yes he gets a pension from his union that he worked for 33 years and he deserves it. You hump pipe for 33 years to build supermarkets and hospitals etc in snow rain and freezing weather you deserve what you contributed. So to conclude this little p*** session be thankful everyday when you wake up and put your feet on the floor and walk out and turn the coffee pot on cause the person who lives next door may not be doing that. Life is what it is only you can make your on heaven or hell on earth its up to you to choose. I choose to be a positive person and consider this my UTOPIA if you choose to be a negative person get the mylanta ready cause the ulcers will start soon enough and p/s to yoko you have made your point put a lid on it and find something more creative to do with all the time you spend on here trying to scare people away from the area. You don't nor have ever given me a reason to doubt my move and I find what you post most of the time inaccurate misleading and some times a down right lie go knit a blanket or plant a flower be little more creative.

Old 10-15-2010, 12:07 PM

1,563 posts, read 2,500,151 times
Iamrita.....Don't be alarmed by the negative posts.There is someone that I know (no names,mentioned,Frank) that seems to have devoted his life to seaching out and posting any negative statistics and stories that he can find about Cape Coral.They are carefully cherry picked so as not to include any opposing views.
I don't know that person, but I do know that my family,friends and relatives that live in Lee county area absolutely love it here.Beautiful beaches,great restaurants and stores,very little crime in the cape,friendly neighbors and wonderfully low cost of living.
Also.....just an observation......when someone underlines sentences,uses red font or caps.......they are doing that because they don't think you're smart enough to get the point otherwise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area