Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2010, 11:06 PM

1 posts, read 1,288 times

Advertisements

I am moving to The South Ft Myers - Bonita - North Naples Area. I have no idea where the most suitable place to live is. I don't want to have to worry about walking out at night around the neighborhood or having my house or car broken into every day. I pretty much want to know what areas to avoid...any suggestions will be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2010, 05:48 AM

3,417 posts, read 7,752,255 times
We need more details....

Jobs, housing budget, schools?

Post more about your situation so we can provide specific advice.

I can help with North Naples. All the gated communities are safe as are most of the non gated ones. Stay away from apartments.

Old 11-23-2010, 04:20 PM

515 posts, read 1,583,125 times
There's a chance in any neighborhood of your vehicle to get broken into. You just have to be aware and prevent if possible. I'm in a nice hood, but there's a few wacky families that let the kids rule the castle. In turn they have no morals or respect for anyone else's property. Luckily for us the bad economy got to them all and now their homes are vacant and in foreclosure. What goes around comes around, you reap what you sow. All true sayings, and I'm damn glad their gone. It seems that every few years the next group of "kids" get older and start their rash of trouble. Ya just gotta grab the bull buy the horns and kick it in the butt!
Please do not think that because a community is gated you will be safe. There are plenty of irresponsible parents who got those jumbo mortgages just so they can look good in a big fancy gated hood.

Old 11-23-2010, 04:28 PM

515 posts, read 1,583,125 times
Here's a hint, come down and RENT for a year. Get to know the area. Then choose the perfect area for you. Drive around the streets look at the condition of the houses, cars and the people outside. That's a BIG give a way on what's to come. Ask to see the deed restrictions of all the communities your aiming to live in. Don't believe the realtor when they tell you there are no restrictions. I bought a investment home that the well known local big realtor was selling and in their info sheet it stated no restrictions. When I was checking the kitchen cabinets there to my surprise was a copy of the non existent restrictions. Ask lots of ?????? Talk to people who live on the street where your looking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area